Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Daycare Preferences in the GTA

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a bit of research on daycare preferences in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in the hopes of gathering information on what people value when they search for daycare facilities and how people perceive the industry.

I really hope it's okay to post a link here (this is my first post) but if you could please fill out the survey below, I'd greatly appreciate it and it'd help me a lot with my study! As an added incentive, my team and I are offering a draw for a gift card for completing the survey so if you're interested, please provide your contact details at the end (Besides the draw, all responses are kept completely anonymous!)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GTADaycareSurveyDB

Thank you so much!

Euphoric !
    It would be a lot more helpful if you told us who you really are and what the purpose of the data collected will be and how it will be used and who will be using it.

Hi playfelt,
    I totally understand your concerns. We were trying not to skew the results (because people sometimes respond differently if they think it's a school vs. corporate study), but since you're asking, we're doing the survey for an academic project. We're grad students at York University in Toronto and the results are for a project we're doing to understand what parents really care about when they choose a daycare for their child. Hopefully that clears it up and everyone feels comfortable with the survey! Sorry for the confusion!

Euphoric !
    You will find it is mostly caregivers on this site. A good place to find parents would be through the Early Years Centres around the province.

Based on the first questions that usually come from the parents they first narrow their choices down by price, hours and location usually in that order. Then from their final lists they choose the best of the lot so to speak. They seem less concerned with what goes on in the home and I think in the grand scheme of things they are comparing it to home so as long as they see most of what child is used to at home they are ok with that.

It is also hard when interviewing realizing that generally we are interviewing a family when the baby is only 6-9 months old and the parents themselves haven't really come to grips with what they want for their child when they are 2 or 3 or 4.