Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Looking for ideas for Valentines crafts

I sent home some crafts for my daycare parents at Christmas. They all really loved it and it was quite simple and quick. I was thinking of trying a valentine craft. My group is young, with a two year old, two 1 year olds, and my own two kids (one and five). Does anyone have really cute suggestions of things the kids can make for their parents?

Euphoric !
    *I cut out pink, purple and red hearts and the kids glue them onto white paper

*I cut out a huge heart for each child in a valentine colour they choose. They decorate it with valentine day stickers

*We break crayons in half and put them in heart shaped tins. Melt in oven until liquid. Let cool and then they can colour with them.

*red/pink/purple paint, crayons, markers, pom pom, string, pipe cleaners etc can all be used for collages.

*valentine day colours for popsicle sticks, make a picture a frame. Take pics of the kids holding a sign that says "Be mine?" or some other cute vday saying and put in frame

Outgoing
    I bought some canvasses from the dollar store, I'm going to have the kids paint with pink, purple and red in whatever pattern they're feeling. We'll punch out hearts and I'll fold them in half, then I'll let them glue them on to the canvass in whatever order or pattern they're feeling (or just randomly).

Sort of like this Pinterest find, but more free for all-y.

http://www.redtedart.com/2014/01/10/...rt-art-canvas/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Cut out hearts from card stock, put in a ziplock bag with some different colours of liquid paint and let them smush the paint around. I put in a block or dowel they can push around. The colours look cool mixed together. They could glue the heart onto a piece of white paper or just leave as is once dried.
    **no mess**

Euphoric !
    acornsfalling...I also do no mess art with paint from time to time so I use ziploc bags and containers for the little ones! I put sponges and marbles in mine.