Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Raising your rates

One of my children is going to be done in 2 weeks and I will have a spot to fill. It is only a Mon/Tues spot though. I charge $30 a day now for all current clients. I am considering raising it however for the open spot. Other daycares in my city charge anywhere from $20-$35 with $25-$30 being the most popular.

Do you charge differently for full time and part time spots? If so, what is the difference...$5, $10? I have tried to eliminate pt spots and charge ft regardless. However, because I still have one pt child in my care(grandfathered in under the new rule lol), I only have a mon/tues spot open now and thought it would be good to fill it for the extra money. Because the other days are not an option to come I obviously can't charge ft though.

Starting to feel at home...
    My rates will be different for full time vs part time. It just makes sense. And nothing wrong with adjusting rates when you have a blank spot. That's the best time to do it.

Euphoric !
    I've only been open just over 2 years and hadn't even thought of raising my rate. Around here it's just not common. However, I thought I would try it. $30 and above is already too much for some families so I'm not sure what kind of response I will get.

I actually was just speaking to a current dc parent and she has a friend who is need of dc because her hdc she is using is closing. Hopefully she is interested as than I wouldn't have to advertise!

Outgoing
    I'm from the same town as you, as long as you are who I think you are. I'm charging $35 per day and haven't had any problems finding good families. I would say anyone that is able to pay for part time instead of full time will be happy to pay 35 instead of thirty. I lower their price when their child turns two, and then they pay $30.

Euphoric !
    Superfun...I have no idea who you would be!! lol. Inbox me haha

I think I will raise my rate for this part time spot, just haven't decided how much yet.

Outgoing
    Has anyone had a family leave when you increased your rates....Funny enough...I have had 2 parents recently tell me that I UNDERCHARGE and that I should increase my rates...so ....I am going to! I know I will get a hard time from one of my parents (she loves the word 'FREE' she told me! LOL).....

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    One of my children is going to be done in 2 weeks and I will have a spot to fill. It is only a Mon/Tues spot though. I charge $30 a day now for all current clients. I am considering raising it however for the open spot. Other daycares in my city charge anywhere from $20-$35 with $25-$30 being the most popular.

Do you charge differently for full time and part time spots? If so, what is the difference...$5, $10? I have tried to eliminate pt spots and charge ft regardless. However, because I still have one pt child in my care(grandfathered in under the new rule lol), I only have a mon/tues spot open now and thought it would be good to fill it for the extra money. Because the other days are not an option to come I obviously can't charge ft though.
    I not take PT children but it common in this area for PT days to be charged at $5 more than FT.

Expansive...
    I am having a hard time filling a spot so it is telling me I am too high in the fees for the part-time spot so now to bring it down and get the spot filled. Live and Learn

Euphoric !
    I thought I was going crazy because I didn't remember writing this.....than realized it's an old thread lol

I ended up raising my rates for all. Never did fill my mon/tues spot as I was fine without it.....now kinda wishing I had to have that extra money lol. Oh well.

Expansive...
    LOL Good to know you are not going CRAZY 5LM but be prepared for forgetting things as the mind seems to turn to mush while we are Pregnant LOL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post: