Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Smile Happy Tuesday Everyone! (An Introduction)

Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself I am a new member to this forum, but I have been reading as a guest for many months. I am impressed by the wealth of information everyone contributes and I look forward to learning more from everyone as time goes on.

A little about me, I am a 33 year old proud Mom of an almost 1 year old girl. I love taking care of children and am looking forward to opening my home daycare at the end of summer.

Besides childcare I have a love of photography, gardening and writing...not that it's always easy to find the time to fit it all in.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this community and eventually contributing my own stories and wisdom once my daycare has been open for a while.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to the forum Mama Duck! Good luck with your daycare opening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Welcome!! Look forward to hearing you views and opinions!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Photography and daycare is a good combination. Parents love to get pictures of their children now and then and with your interest in photography, you can probably shoot better pictures than the average snap shooter.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone

Mike: I think you're right about the pictures and I am definitely hoping to capture some of our daily moments for the parents with my photos. As a parent I know I would like to see pictures of my little girl having fun.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama_Duck For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Parents LOVE pictures!!! lol. I just snap pics of the kids with my cell and send them via text/email and the parents love it, they ask where the pics are if I don't send any in awhile lol.

I have done quite a few parent gifts using pictures of their children that I print off from my camera and having some talent in that dept would certainly help!! lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Shy
    5 Little Monkeys: That's great to know, sending the pics by text is a great idea! That way the parents get a little pick-me-up during their day at work. I also really like your idea for using the pictures as gifts, I think I'll definitely do that

Euphoric !
    Yes, the pictures certainly make the parents smile throughout the day!! It also comes in really handy if you have a child who cries at drop off but than is instantly playing once the parent is out the door!! Often I take a pic and send it before the parent has even backed out of the driveway....just to show that yes, their child enjoys it here and is only putting on a show for the parent lol. It eases their mind!!

I only send home pictures of their child only but I hang up the group pictures on our bulletin board and the kids love looking at them throughout the day too!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    It also comes in really handy if you have a child who cries at drop off but than is instantly playing once the parent is out the door!! Often I take a pic and send it before the parent has even backed out of the driveway....just to show that yes, their child enjoys it here and is only putting on a show for the parent lol. It eases their mind!!
    That's a good idea.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks Mike, I find it works a lot better than just always telling the parents that they stop crying. This way they have proof! lol