Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

View Poll Results: Do you rent or own your home?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • rent

2 13.33%
  • own

13 86.67%
  • other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Good points. For daycare it is better to own. Unfortunately that's not an option for me yet, unless I can find a rent to own option. Your advice gave me a good idea. Instead of looking at places for rent, I should look for places for sale and see if they want to do a rent to own. Maybe rent for 2 years while I save up a down payment to purchase.

…Mortgage payments are generally lower than rent for the same place, and rent means you need to make sure the owner will allow use of the home for daycare, but each has its own advantages. – You know, it’s always better when you own your house and not rent it. Renting is good for people who change their work place frequently, or his job is connected with diffrenet cities when you can’t buy an apartment or house in one city and live there. Or for young couples that haven’t decided yet whether they will continue their relationship. To my mind, every family dreams about their own house. Some mortgage payments are really lower than rent for the same place. That is why people choose purchasing getting the loan and not renting. I just remember when I had my rental apartment, you can’t be sure that your landlord will appear a good person that won’t evict you anytime or will raise the rent. It’s unpredictable. Moreover, you can’t make any home improvements that you’d like to do.
    http://localmartca.com/

Shy
    Mike,
    I'm in the same boat as you. I really would love to start my own home daycare but would have to do it out of a rental. How the heck do you have that conversation with a potential landlord?! And, is insurance tough to find for a rental/day home business?