Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

I need an anti scald device for bathroom sink~any suggestions?

Hi everyone! My inspection was yesterday and the licensing officer says my hot water temp on my bathroom sink is too high. I have already lowered it to as low as it will go, so she said I will need to put an anti scald device on it to lower the temperature. Does any one have any suggestions on what would work, brands, etc? Thanks in advance.

Euphoric !
    I've never heard of those however my daycare is separate from my home so I just removed the hot water tap in the bathroom, problem solved.

Euphoric !
    Call a plumber or a plumbing supply store

Outgoing
    Have you turned down the temperature in your hot water tank? That's what i did. I use certain faucets from Moen that protect from sudden surges of temperature and pressure due to the water being used somewhere else in the house. Not sure that those would have an anti-scald device built in, they might...anyhow i got those at Home depot.

Expansive...
    All homes built within the last 7 years on Ontario have a device that is welded above the hot water tank called a thermostatic mixing valve. It further reduces the water temp from your tank by adding a bigger mix of cold water to the taps. We just had to replace ours, as it broke. You can get them at Home depot($60-$90) depending on the brand. We got the Honeywell at $88 and it works great. You will need someone who can weld it to the pipes above the water heater in 3 different places. My hubby is handy, so he did it, but if not, call a plumber.

Starting to feel at home...
    be careful not to turn your water heater too low! There is a health risk involved if the water isn't hot enough. I can't remember what disease is involved but I had a service person inform me of it a couple of years ago.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to madmom For This Useful Post:

Whether you are a homeowner or a business owner, it is important to maintain the quality of your bathrooms and bathtubs. The right services will help you maintain the cleanliness, hygiene and radiance of your bathroom. When it comes to finding reliable bathroom tile polishing services, they can be found in many places. In addition to online resources such as https://azreglazing.com/, there are also specialty stores that also offer these services.