I've made my decision and have received quite a few opinions from friends, family, and some yard sales last summer from closing daycare providers. That's one reason I'm relocating. No daycare need where I currently live.

I more or less decided last spring that I wanted to do this. I went to yard sales to buy things I would need. I did make sure they were safe and no recalls. In going to yard sales, 3 of the ones I went to were ladies closing their daycare. 2 of those ladies asked who I'm buying for because I was buying for different ages, and boy and girl items. I told them my plans. One said "good for you" and the other said "That's a great idea. I've actually had parents tell me they wish there were male daycare providers ...", so basically both daycare providers I told saw nothing wrong with the idea.

Friends and family - a mixture.

Family
My brother, he's an old fashioned person, and he's younger than me. He's probably even against women's lib. He says "you can't do that". I asked why and he said "guys don't do that". My mother and father are 50/50, saying I would be good at it, but they don't think it will work. My sister says no because a man can't be alone with children. I can get in trouble. Reason: A friend of my fathers married a single mom. Shortly after his step-daughter turned 16, he was charged with child molesting. His story was that she got mad when he wouldn't buy her a car for her birthday and threatened him with that. Her story was that she never told earlier because he promised to buy her a car if she kept quiet. Only God and those 2 know the real truth. He was in jail for 14 months when she admitted she lied. I'm guessing she did lie. Now, he has CAS orders to not be alone with any children, even his own. His life is ruined. With CAS here in Ontario, an accusation, proved or not, and you're on their bad records for life.

Friends
I have some friends that were children when I first became friends with their father. I was a part of their life as children, and am now a part of their children's lives. They all say I'd be great at it, but like family, they're half and half about doing it. Some say go for it, and others say it's risky.

So, aside from the risk, what do you daycare providers, and parents, think about a male (me) doing home daycare? The risk topic might be a new thread some day.

Male daycare? yes or no?