Quote Originally Posted by Secondtimearound View Post
I worried about this too ! I only had one dcm who took offense !! My own dd of course calls me mama and now I have 3-4 who call me that too !! I always refer to myself as miss xxxxxxx lol my name !!! But they still do it !!! I got very cautious and uptight about it around the one mom and then said as she was leaving , " bye !! Momma see you tomorrow !!!!!" Ugh !!!! Lol she was not impressed !!! I seriously couldn't stop laughing as I closed the door , trying to explain I never call myself momma ugh whatever !!! Ever have a moment like that ??

Yes, this is part of my problem, I'm sure the moms at the bus stop think I make them call me mom!!! One of the dcbs calls his mom by her name and me mom!! It is super awkward. The moms are all good about it, but as they are all learning to speak at the same time (even though they are different ages) it seems like they have all learnt the same!!!

I think you are right that they think it is my name, plus I have older children who call me mom!

It started before Christmas and has gotten gradually worse, I hope they catch on soon