Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Stroller & Sensory Table

Hello Everyone! I'm hoping to get some input on strollers and sensory tables. I've been in business for the past 8 years and I'm finding that some of my equipment needs replacing.

Currently I use a runabout triple stroller and I LOVE it but I'm thinking perhaps a chariot (bike trailer / stroller) would be a little more practical especially since I very rarely have more then two children in the runabout. I need something that is light weight easy to push and can go through snow as I do school runs everyday. Can anyone offer some experience/preferences?

The second thing I am looking to replace is my sensory table. I have only ever owned homemade ones and I'd like to buy one that is going to last for the next 10-15 years or until I quit lol Ive been looking around and there are a lot of options out there who knew it would be so hard! I want something that is large enough for a few kids to use at a time but not so large that it takes over the room. I was thinking of getting this one http://childcare.scholarschoice.ca/e...tter-cove.html But with spending this much I wanted to get some input first and see what others have.

Thanks in advance!!

Euphoric !
    I have a large rubbermaid container that I use for water, rice, snow,sensory items etc.(the long shorter one that fits under beds) It's the perfect height for the kids to play in. I put it on the kids sized table (it's actually an extra wide coffee table from IKEA, perfect height length and width!) and they can either sit or stand and all of them can play in it at once.

It can be annoying to empty the water. I use a medium sized bowl to empty most of it and than I either dump the rest in a big bucket or get my fiance to help me dump it down the tub. For the price though($16), it's worth the hassle lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I have a chariot. I've been using it all winter to get to school and back. I purchased a car seat attachment so I can use it for three kids. I love it. Totally couldn't imagine using anything else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I use the Runabout as well, and love it, especially the big wheels for winter conditions.
    As for the sensory table, I have used the step 2 round water table(about 3 ft in diameter) I keep it in the playroom year round for wet or dry ingredients. Got it on sale for about $30 and so easy to wipe clean and is lightweight if I move it around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy ECE mommy For This Useful Post:

Shy
    This may sound crazy but I just got a bike trailer (with the stroller conversion kit) that was meant for pets lol. I was going to get the burley encore bike trailer which has seats that fold down but the weight limit is only 100lbs. I was shopping on amazon for the encore and amazon suggested the dog stroller ... And then I realized It could be used as a fancy wagon that is easier to push and holds more weight. So I ended up ordering the petego comfort wagon and it arrived today. Now to play around with seating! I wouldn't use it as a bike trailer for safety reasons but for walking it's going to be great I think. And it's huge inside! I'll upload some pictures next week... Am I crazy? Lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellybelly83 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I have a valco double stroller. Love it. Light weight, fits through a doorway opening, comes with weather cover, etc

I have a sand table that I bought through a daycare that was replacing all their old stuff. I find it huge and am always trying to find the best spot for it. It doesn't do wet stuff but I save that for outside. I have a rubbermaid container and use our water table, too.

I can never get the scholar's choice website to work (I think my hubby blocked the site on my computer lol) but I have seen their tables before and love the looks of them!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nschildcare For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    dshtebazile, I love this sensory table. I've been looking for something compact like this one and I love the idea of being able to put little live critters in it. I need to incorporate more science in my curriculum. Please post pics if you get this one and let us know if you like it and the ins and outs. I have runabout as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha33 For This Useful Post: