Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No notice !!!!!

Expansive...

No notice !!!!!

Well day before I am supposed to be paid , I text my dcm to touch base ( I have been doing dayhome for her since September , 2 girls , one full time , one b/a care with driving 2x a day ) new job so hours changed , I could accommodate but raised my rate as hours changed from 6:30 am - 5-ish !! Sooo she said yes everything good , start feb 1 with new contract , fee everything good , girls going to to dads for a week then we start .
    So yesterday I text , a hey how are you , and she says girls not coming !!! Dad sent them back ( bad behaviour ) she is dealing with 2 yr olds anger problems and doesn't need me !!!!
    I know she prob looking for cheaper care but believe me I gave a good price !! But it's not that she left !!!! It's was she even going to tell me !! I have had issues with this family so it's not the worse thing but lol I was to get paid tomorrow lol !!!!
    So now I have to fill a spot , part of the job I get it !! Just always amazes me when you try to work with someone and have done so for 5 months ! How is that fun ?!
    Well that's me complaining !! Good part is that I have vented about this family before so maybe it's for the best !! Wouldn't you know it though I just made plans to spend this month on me me me !! Lol !!!!

Euphoric !
    I would email her back saying Thanks for letting me know. I will take your text as your two weeks notice (or whatever is in your contract). Please drop off the remainder of your payment in the amount of _____ by tomorrow no later than ______ (time). If she says she isn't paying you then say that is unfortunate but my contract requires __ weeks notice. If you don't get paid then you have the option to go to small claim's court.

I had a family do this to me as well. Payday, mom forgets cheque at drop off (so she says), grandma picks up at end of the day. I ask for cheque she says she knows nothing about it. Call comes shortly afterwards from dad saying they are not bringing boys anymore. I end up working out a payment plan for them and they do pay it. They didn't want to take it to court.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Sorry this happened to you secondtimearound!! No, we should not say this is part of the job because it shouldn't be!! mickyc is spot on with her advice and I would follow it to the letter!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I agree, send the text stating thanks for the notice and could you please drop payment of $x amount of by X date. Don't let her get away with it, not fair to you! Good luck

Expansive...
    Well I've decided to let it go !!a lot of things one being small town , and most importantly my mom was rushed to hospital with very serious health problem . I foresee a lot ahead and just do not want to deal with dcm as well ! As in small claims court for example , we both know I'm in the right , having full filled my agreement as well as I could and you know what , at this time it's enough for me !!
    Thank you though for your support !!! I thought all day long about your advice , I just don't feel like the fight right now !!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Firstly sorry to hear about your mom.

I think the other way, I deserve the decency of being given proper notice and I wouldn't ever just let it go. Being from a small town will also back fire on you in that others will hear that they can walk all over you. It isn't a lot of hassle to send the email or text and then after you give her a chance to pay then you just go to the courthouse and fill out the papers, supply your evidence that she owes you and that is it. She will end up having to pay your court fees that you dished out to register. It is just a little amount of time, not a huge inconvenience. I don't like being used and certainly would not back down. Each to their own though.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yes I agree , I'm not a person that usually gets taken advantage of , I am usually right on top of things and no nonsense , but for some reason just can't be bothered . I know she was certainly aware and ready for drama, not doubt with a lot of reasons , I just feel like with this particular circumstance I don't care .

To protect myself, before a family starts, I collect a full month "deposit" and six months of post dated cheques. Then if they leave without giving notice I keep the deposit for payment. Otherwise, they get it back with proper one month notice.
    The post dated cheques protect me against parents "forgetting".
    > food for thought<

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ceECE For This Useful Post:

Shy
    So sorry to hear about your Mom Secondtimearound!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DayHomeMama For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    It's funny how life works !!! My mom is still in the hospital ! But after wiggling the schedule around I have organized all my part timers so that I work Monday , Tuesday and Wednesdays and I am closed Thursdays and Fridays !!! That way I'm available to help out with my mom !! Take a break and go away ! Spend some one on one with my dd and husband !! I'm so excited !! I will be down in money only the family who left but had just started a part time family so I'm actually only effected by $200 and working way less hours and no b/a care with driving !!!!
    Yay !!!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post: