Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Definitely No. I can totally see the other kids trying to push it or trying to get in it. There is the danger of the child falling out as well.

Euphoric !
    Just a friendly reminder...playpens are safe but they do have dangers as well. I had a child (2 years old) who somehow pulled herself up and over the playpen and fell out. She was fine but scared and has never done it again. She is now 2.5 and still in the playpen here and still in a crib at home so it wasn't a matter of her being too big/tall for the playpen.

Just don't want playpens to give you a false sense of security either. As with most things and children, anything can happen!!

Outgoing
    No way! I have seen these online - love the concept but not for my daycare and definitely not with someone else's child in it.
    Last edited by gravy_train; 02-03-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Euphoric !
    I agree with the others. These look really neat for young babies at home, but I would not be comfortable using one for the daycare. By the time they start daycare at a year old, they can easily sit up and fall out and even if you put it close to the ground with padding underneath, I wouldn't want to have to deal with a 1 year old getting out and roaming around at naptime. I like that the playpen keeps a one year old contained and they cannot get into anything.

Starting to feel at home...
    what scares me is the lack of airflow. It honestly looks like a high risk factor for SIDS sorry to say. its the same reason they say not to use bumper pads because it restricts airflow and they can breath in their own CO2 and suffocate. I just wouldn't personally take the risk of anything happening with someone else's child in my care.

Starting to feel at home...
    I love it. I wish I would have found these when my little ones were small. My husband is from central America and that's what kids sleep in from birth. My son slept in a regular hammock when traveling and he slept so well. BUT as a daycare provider I wouldn't just because it's not my little one.

This would not even be approved for use in Alberta dayhomes. We cant even use a pack and play unless the directions for use indicate it is for sleeping (read the lable of your pack and play as I was surprised to learn most of them have a warning lable that indicates it is not ok for sleeping and not to leave the child unattended)