Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Oriental Trading

Hi all! I hope that all is well. I used to work for a daycare that used oriental trading for everything. It was good for a change of craft pace and some of the ideas are really cute. Anywho, I was wondering for those whom order from OT the following questions:

1. How long does it generally take to get to your door from the time that you order? (I am thinking of ordering some special V-Day crafts, but the online lady said that they can take up to 3 weeks to ship it out...I hope that was a worse case situation)

2. How do you find the shipping costs? Is it worth it? Or should I just go to dollar store here and get more creative?

3. How is the quality. I remember some of the crafts would not line up or the pieces missing, but in general, how do you find them?

Anyone have experience with OT?

I've never heard of it I looked it up and if what I found is what you're talking about, the ideas do look really cute. Do you need certain items from the company though or can you take the ideas and dollar store it?

When you order it, they send you all of the items. The daycare that I worked out before opening my own, used their stuff all of the time. Up until now, I have been taking the ideas and making my own versions. I am just curious about shipping time, but the online rep said 3 weeks to ship, but I am hoping that that is just a WORST case scenario, otherwise, ordering for V-Day is pointless!

I've ordered from there a few times for craft supplies and counters, stickers, etc. I think 3 weeks was about right, I am in Nova Scotia. I think they ship from Texas, or they did then. The quality wasn't great, but some of the stuff was OK. The shipping cost was what turned me off in the end, but it was great to have such a big selection of themed supplies to choose from!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SongSparrow For This Useful Post: