Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    To those who only give milk if the parent supplies it....may I ask why?

Starting to feel at home...
    Some families use different types of milk (goat, soy, cow) and I don't want to keep all different kinds stocked.
    My family drinks a very small amount of cows milk so we don't go through much.
    I have also found that the amount of milk one child drinks compared to another can vary a lot... Some of my dcks drink 8-12oz per day... My own 19m son drinks maybe 4oz per day, he only recently stopped nursing so never really drank much cow's milk.
    It seems like different families have different expectations as to how much milk a child should be drinking so it's easier for me if the parents send their own.
    Plus, one less thing for me to spend my $$ on.

Euphoric !
    Because I provide calcium in other forms ..... Cheese, yoghurt, broccoli and even whole wheat bread that i dont need to serve milk.....and kids drink enough milk at home ..... So I only serve water unless a parent supply's it.

Euphoric !
    Thanks for answering! I have to buy 2 types of milk (well 3 if you count ours too) and have never found it to be a problem but was wondering what the reasons were. Other than one child, I don't know how much milk they drink at home so have never even considered that. I charge on the higher end for my area so I would feel uncomfortable asking for them to supply it. I do give out less milk now though because this group prefers water anyways.

Thanks!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks everyone! I have asked parents to send milk. I was planning on giving it before nap bu I like the idea of having it with afternoon snack. I also give them water with all meals and throughout the day. Thanks!