Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Brilliant clean up time today!

Today on a whim I brought out all my brooms, DustBuster, vacuum, etc and let everyone go at it while I vacuumed. The kids loved it and were so proud to help! Seeing that it was going so well, I gave everyone a wet cloth to help me wipe down my kitchen cupboards.
    Tomorrow - we wash the floor under the table!
    Best part is, they were having fun, learning to be responsible and helpful, and it's one less thing for me to do in the evening.
    I will definitely be doing more of a group clean up every day... We always clean up toys but I usually leave the actual cleaning until later on. My group is so little that it never occurred to me before!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AcornsFalling For This Useful Post:

That's pretty damm hillarious. Although I'm a bit anal about cleaning so if it was actually going to help me I'd want actual cleaning product used, and obviously we can't do that lol

Euphoric !
    That's awesome! All my dck's have always enjoyed cleaning too. They love helping wipe down the big toys and sometimes I will put the little toys in our water table and give them cloths and they clean those ones too! I just use warm water and some soap.

Their favourite so far was the outdoor car wash we had. I changed them all into their bathing suits, got buckets of sponges and warm soapy water and dragged the big ride on toys out to the driveway and they washed them!! Will definitely be a summer tradition

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thats hilarious!
    All of my kiddos enjoy using the swiffer and my broom so sometimes I will get them to help me out. Keeps them busy :-)

Great idea getting the kids involved! For some reason vacuuming seems to be far more entertaining than any story I could read
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    Yep. I give everyone a cloth after snack/lunch and they wipe their own part of the table. And they're always trying to pull out the broom to use it. One of my little guys will pick things off the floor after craft and run them to the garbage

Outgoing
    I might start doing this! So cute and may be helpful too!

Expansive...
    Yes I do this too !!! I give mine wet ones and they Love to "clean" !!!! Helps days when it is too cold outside to play !!!