Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Need advice: "Gotta Go Pee"??

I have 3 little ones that are currently fully trained (all are starting school in the fall, I've had them since they turned 1)...2 of them (who are otherwise very vocal & social) just will not verbalize that they need to go to the bathroom. They will wiggle and jiggle and pace around in pee-pee dance mode until I ask them if they need to go. I just don't get it??!! I have urged them gently over and over to simply use their words & come tell me. I've asked for the parents suggestion and they both state that both don't ask, just simply go off to the bathroom alone at home (here it's at the top of a small flight of stairs from the playroom & I ask that they tell me they're going). Suggestions? The other little one (& all previous DCKs I've had come tell me and I've had no issues...weird?!). My fear is once school starts and they're in a busy classroom will teachers be able to notice in time?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I wish my dcks would just go and stop telling me .... I do not need to know just go !!!! My own daughter on the other hand wiggles and waits till its almost to late (and sometimes it is) and she's 6.

Euphoric !
    I say just send them and don't worry to much about them telling you. As frustrating as it is that they don't say anything at least they aren't just holding it until they pee. In all honesty it won't be your problem once they get to school so don't worry about it.

It sounds like at home they don't ask and just go because the toilet is easily accessable and readily available to them at all times. It sounds like it is not at your home. Why not put a couple of potties in easy reach to them so they don't need to ask.Right now they have to because they can't go otherwise and it seems like a pretty easy fix to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    totally agree bright ... have two potties sitting right outside my bathroom door in my daycare space and they can just go

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    It sounds like at home they don't ask and just go because the toilet is easily accessable and readily available to them at all times. It sounds like it is not at your home. Why not put a couple of potties in easy reach to them so they don't need to ask.Right now they have to because they can't go otherwise and it seems like a pretty easy fix to me.
    You make a good point; I always have a potty available when we are playing outdoors and they just go...great idea!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~