Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

When Parents dont follow polices..

Hello fellow DC. providers

I have been an established daycare for over eight years now and I have an issue. About three years ago, I created a policies and procedures. Every DCK parents reviews and signs them at the beginning of their start with me.
    Right now I am full with three under 2 who have started in June so rather recently.
    Lately, Ive been noticing that they either skimmed my policies and procedures or are ignoring them completely! Particularly when it comes to payment for my vacation days, stat holidays and sick days.
    Now I have no issue reminding them but i hate having to fight for every nickle and dime. And its all three of the babies so three different families.

Is there anything in your experiences that I can do to make it so I do not have to keep asking for money all the time?
    gurr

Euphoric !
    Send them an email before payday with the amount they owe.

Payday for me is tomorrow. I sent out an email today with a breakdown of what all parents owe. Then there is no room for misunderstanding and they should know exactly what to give you on payday.

Shy
    thing is if I do that every time it becomes tedious. I have Three full time, one part time and two before/after school. Shouldnt they already know the amounts and what is covered? Plus in my eight years i have never had to chase payment. Just seems strange.

Euphoric !
    I would rather it be tedious than have them not pay you properly. That is more of a hassle getting it fixed. I don't email all the parents. The full-timers should know exactly what they owe every time but I do email if there is something different than usual. I always email the part-timers just because the amount they owe is always different. It isn't chasing payment if you email it out before, it is just an invoice type thing. Chasing money would be to leave it and then have it wrong

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I used to email out the breakdown of their payment the week of payday. Than I started doing a monthly newsletter and writing the amount owed on each on for the month's paydays. There are a couple that usually forgot so now I just send out an email or verbally remind them that payday is due tomorrow and they can check the newsletter for the amount

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: