Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Ipad Accessory...very cool!

So...my husband upgraded his IPad and so now I use the old one with the daycare children (of course, I limit their IPad time to 15 min. max per day). I have a number of learning apps. that are fantastic...one (Agnitus) even tailors the learning level on their age and provides me with a monthly report as to how they are doing in many different areas (colors, letters recognition etc...). I then email that report to parents.

Anyhow...found this great easel that secures the IPad, comes with a cool pen to use (great for writing skills) and I can use the other side for felt board/circle time surface among other things
    http://www.amazon.ca/CTA-Digital-Dra...rds=Ipad+easel
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

I have been toying with the idea of getting an ipad for the daycare. I am thinking of purchasing a used one from a family member. I can claim it as a business expense.

Dream, can you suggest any other apps that you find the kids enjoy?
    Thanks

Mimi: Go for it! All of my apps are free but one...the one (it's called Agnitus) that tailors learning exercises to each and sends out monthly reports (that one was $30 for a year membership, but I deducted that
    Here's some of their favorites...
    Letters/words/numbers/Shapes: First Letters, FW sampler, Train World, Little Speller, Elmo ABCs, Sight Words, Counting 1,2,3, Friendly Shapes, Kids learn to write, KidSquare
    Games: MusicSparkle, phone4Kids, Garage Game, Christmas Train, Steam Trains, Ginger Maker, Little Town
    Coloring: Crayola, Paint by #, Color Drops, Colouring
    Reading: Read Me, PlayTales

~Anonymous~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Hi Dream, thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

I was talking to my husband last night about it. He thinks it is a great idea, but then looking at the cost of an ipad, I told him I was on the fence about it because it is a lot of money.

Today he is off work and I asked him what he was up to today. He is terrible at secrets and surprises so he told me very mysteriously that he had to go out and couldn't tell me where.

Well, I have deduced that since my birthday is next week, that he has gone to the apple store to get me an ipad or he is having an affair. This is not a stretch ( the ipad, not the affair) as I usually have to tell him what I want for Christmas and my birthday and I haven't really thought of what I would like, so he is desperate for an idea LOL

I will keep you posted.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Hahaha!! You are going to be addicted...I love my IPad!!

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    The samsung tablets are just as good and cost way less.

Thanks Amanda. I think the purchase has been made. He told me over lunch how HE figured out how to work an app he has had trouble with on his ipad (see he is giving clues...sigh) and I got a notification from my email account that someone tried to access it from another location at the same time he was out (at the apple store) He certainly would never make a good spy