Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Frugal Tips

Euphoric !
    I make homemade laundry soap too. I've made homemade hand soap but don't really like it. I keep wanting to try more homemade cleaning supplies but never get around to it

Starting to feel at home...
    Is it bad I'm eager for a few more dirty dishes to try out the baking soda/dish soap method? I love learning new frugal tricks. Thank you.

Outgoing
    I'm really excited about the dishwasher thing. But is regular dish soap bad for a dishwasher? I can't think of any reason it would be, but it seems to good to be true.

I have this long ago memory of my first husband (read useless LOL) who put regular dish soap into the dishwasher and I got to spend the rest of the day getting rid of the suds as I had to put the dishwasher on a few times to get rid of it all. Same guy put gas into the oil part of our gas lawnmower........... ...ahh the memories LOL

It's important only to use a few drops of the dish soap, or yes, it'll be all over your kitchen. It isn't bad for your dishwasher, no.

Outgoing
    Finally got around to reading through this! A lot of good tips, thanks ladies!

One thing I do that isn't on here is soak our fruits and veggies in a vinegar solution (about a cup for a small sink) as soon as I get home from the store. I noticed that it helps them stay longer, and I've thrown away so much less than before I started!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Good re-reading this old post. I'm not sure about the use of a little dish soap in a dishwasher, as suds aren't great for the operation of it. Would love to not have to use expensive detergent pucks tho. I do 2 full dishwasher loads a day and those pucks just keep disappearing. I find they clean the best.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Good re-reading this old post. I'm not sure about the use of a little dish soap in a dishwasher, as suds aren't great for the operation of it. Would love to not have to use expensive detergent pucks tho. I do 2 full dishwasher loads a day and those pucks just keep disappearing. I find they clean the best.
    Hi, perhaps you can search in pinterest.com , you'll be amazed with all the options and ideas. I was able to try different things and kind of made my own diy things that worked best recipes. It is amazing on how soon I got rid of store bought cleaning stuff and become more aware of the environment. I'm now in a journey of reading some books of the konmari method and also lately cooking and baking by using a solar oven. My group is absolutely enjoying all the sun baking.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Scaled back snacks too and it helped with eating.

When you know exactly what skin type or hair type you have, this might save you a few bucks. For example, reading this article, for example, would help to choose proper shampoo and conditioner, as well as define how many times you should wash your hair per week.