Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You've got mail...ideas pls.

So...I acquired a second coveted mailbox toy very cheaply...yay! The kids love this toy, putting the mail in, opening the slot...over and over (and over) again. Anyhow...would love to incorporate this 2nd one into circle time. Helper gets to open the mailbox to see what's inside? Other than letter, or shape, or color of the day...or, say, a letter from Santa @ Christmas, birthday card for birthday child...drawing a blank? Anyone else use this concept? Ideas to put inside? Drawing a complete blank this morning...def. need coffee.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Oh the possibilities.....Yo u could make it a tool for "Friday fun" where a surprise adult led activity is inside. The kids will learn that it is a mystery and with good behaviour all week it is an extra special activity as a reward. Have it on display so the kids can see it and talk about how excited they are and wonder what's inside.

You could make it a sensory spot so at circle time the kids can reach in one at a time and pull an item out and you can talk about it and experience it and then they place it back in. This idea could be used for most themes. Easter for example, put lots of small items inside related to Easter. You could say the Easter bunny delivered them some fun stuff. Each time something is pulled out, you can shut the door, pass it around, feel it, talk about colour, texture, sounds that kind of thing and how it relates to your theme, and then the next child goes.

I'm excited......I want one
    Last edited by bright sparks; 02-10-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Autocorrect sucks ;)

Euphoric !
    On the theme of mail...we have made pictures for their favourite Disney character. When I have them all done we are going to mail them to Disneyworld and apparently they mail back with an autographed picture!! When/if you get them back you could put them in the mail box and the helper could hand them out?

http://www.couponingtodisney.com/wri...e-in-return-4/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

That is so awesome

I sent our request for Disney autographs the first week of January. I haven't received anything back yet We are going to have a princess party when they come (I have all girls). Has anyone ever received the autographed pictures?

Another idea is for them to write letters or draw pictures too send to family overseas. A lot of children are either immigrants or 1st gens so will likely have family overseas who will no doubt like to receive things from the little ones

You all rock...I was sooo drawing a blank! Thank you!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    Just use the mailbox as an attention getter in the sense that if you are going to read a story you would have something from the story in the mailbox. It is drawn out, discussed, they guess what it might be related to and then you introduce the theme for the circletime. That way it is used each day.

Starting to feel at home...
    Oh I love the ideas you ladies have. It sure would perk up Circle Time around here. Do you have a pic dream? I have no idea what it might look like.

Euphoric !
    Mimi, I hope they arrive!! My kids are young enough that they won't realize they never came but I will be disappointed!! lol. I did read 6-8 weeks though for a reply so maybe you will still get them.

I was reading some of the comments on that link I provided and it says lightning mcqueen doesn't send back a pic of him and of course one of the boys picked him to write too. Oh well...any pic is better than no pic!