Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...

Trying to be nice !!!

I had a family start in September , I was newly opened and inexperienced . They wanted part time care to start and eventually full time . September was spent texting I finally said if payment is not received I was filling their spot ! So they started October part time payment run around ! She forgot the cheque at home , cheque now was in her car at the garage blah blah ! I said do not bring him unless with cheque , so next day paid !
    November she was in a car accident , dad came with check on right day for November but then began arriving early and staying for 10-15 min and picking up late . When confronted , mom texts well aren't you open those hours ? I explained yes but not to your family !! But it continues , because mom still not working I just let it go to be nice !
    Dec payment , dad says he will come with it that night , then mom will come with cash , then mom cancels and days tomorrow they will meet up with me . Saturday arrives no contact , I text them and she wants to negotiate price ( I took 2 extra days off with Christmas and she doesn't want to pay even though she knows I charge a flat rate )
    So I said no more , no payment today we are finished , and she is crying and says it's all too much , so I say very nice to meet your family bye bye !
    So I get a text on Saturday she needs income tax receipts ( which I already handed out up to November which was their last month )
    She claims she never got them , I had them in a sealed envelope in pocket of diaper bag ! Pointed them out to grandpa picking up dcb, said what they were , told him important parents get it , he says sure everything great !
    So now I feel like I'm done !!! But should I reissue a duplicate ? Or just let it go ?

Euphoric !
    yes just photocopy your copies of the receipts. Write on them that it is a duplicate receipt. Send them in the mail and done!

Euphoric !
    I charge $25 to issue a new receipt ......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh that's smart to charge a fee for a duplicate! Will be adding that to my contract! I've only had to issue one duplicate but for future it will be good.

Expansive...
    So photo copies are fine for tax purposes ?? I thought they would not accept photocopied ?

Euphoric !
    When I issued a duplicate, I gave another receipt but wrote "duplicate" on it and than gave both to my accountant.

Euphoric !
    I have given photocopies before. Nobody ever complained.

Expansive...
    Hey all....just curious why it matters if you give a duplicate receipt or why you charge for it? I have always emailed receipts. Parents don't even need an actual receipt to claim fees.

So does she owe you money? If so, tell her to come to your house with money owed and you will provide her with the copies of receipts and tell her you will forfeit the charge for providing a duplicate receipt.
    If she doesn't owe you, tell her to come on the last day of February and you MIGHT have the receipt ready........if you haven't left it in the car, or at someone else's house or your husband accidently has it.....give her a taste of her own medicine.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Haha Mimi, evil but I like it!!

Wonderwiper, for me I would charge for the inconvenience. I have given you a receipt, you should be responsible enough to not loose it. Plus now I have extra paperwork to hand in to my accountant as well. It's not a HUGE inconvenience but if you are writing out duplicate receipts multiple times it would get annoying quickly. (at least to me, but I have no patience lol) Also, some people give out their SIN number (which I do NOT do and do NOT recommend but to each their own) and if you lost your receipt with my name and SIN on it I would be ticked off!

I don't know so these are just my assumptions/guesses..please correct me if I'm wrong!! 1. email receipts are probably fine but if the family gets audited would they not need a hard copy receipt or can they just print off your email? 2. photocopies could be not accepted because if a couple is divorced can only one parent claim the childcare? Photocopies would essentially allow both parents to claim it? If you know the answer to these questions please let me know