Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I charge a flat rate of $30 a day. The only time I give a reduced rate is if I close early. On a day that I have to close at 1 or before I only charge $15. If I have to close early but it is after nap then it is full rate.

Parents are paying for the spot.

Outgoing
    I do not offer drop in care - PERIOD!

3 days a week $45 per day - Part Time
    4 or 5 days a week $35 per day - Full Time

I will on the rare occasion do a half day rate for my families should they have an appt ect which is $20 4 hours or less. Over 4 hours is full days rate.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I charge full rate regardless of hours. I do charge for half days in the first 2 weeks of transitioning IF the parent asks. This is 4 hours or less.

In my dc, you are paying for the spot, not the hours.
    This, exactly. :P

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks for the resonses!!! I to consider fulltime to be 4 or 5 days a week, and part time to be 1 to 3. I have had a spot open for some time now, and have interviewed at least a half dozen families, but it seem that most want part time, as in just a few hours a day (parents working different shifts, and just want something cover the over lap) I was beginning to lose my mind over this. I do agree with everyone here, that parents are paying for a spot, and that at $35 for up to 10 hours...that is a fantastic deal. just this past few months, I am starting to feel discouraged by this business. With the last few interviews I have had, the minimum wage went up to $11/h and yet parents try to nickle and dime caregivers?, and this the new "bill" talk regarding home daycares....I just find myself thinking "why am I still doing this? Don't get me wrong, I love the kids and I love my job, but Im starting to think...

Expansive...
    I will do an hourish free for first day But I believe it's easier in the child and my dayhome just to start , if the parent wants to start with half days I still charge full time . The spot is theirs however the hours they use !
    I love part timers as I charge more and get a different group of kids !!! I have no fulltimers now and have all my part timers scheduled on Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday starting in March !!
    Can not wait !!

Euphoric !
    Sounds like very few caregivers on here offer half days. I had numerous families call to ask if I take half days (usually 8-1 or something like that). When I responded I can take your child for that time but the fee is the full-day fee they all said they would go elsewhere. I'm curious where they all go!

I'm not losing out on money everyday to accommodate your shortened day. Why would I choose that child over a full paying child? I do love the families that just use up 8.5 hrs each day as they rush here to get their child after work to spend more time with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    If these people only want someone for a few hour then they need to call a "babysitter" not someone who is offering "daycare".

I am pretty certain that daycare centres would not tolerate a few hours they would make them pay full time.

Quote Originally Posted by MsBell View Post
    Thanks for the resonses!!! I to consider fulltime to be 4 or 5 days a week, and part time to be 1 to 3. I have had a spot open for some time now, and have interviewed at least a half dozen families, but it seem that most want part time, as in just a few hours a day (parents working different shifts, and just want something cover the over lap) I was beginning to lose my mind over this. I do agree with everyone here, that parents are paying for a spot, and that at $35 for up to 10 hours...that is a fantastic deal. just this past few months, I am starting to feel discouraged by this business. With the last few interviews I have had, the minimum wage went up to $11/h and yet parents try to nickle and dime caregivers?, and this the new "bill" talk regarding home daycares....I just find myself thinking "why am I still doing this? Don't get me wrong, I love the kids and I love my job, but Im starting to think...

Euphoric !
    One daily rate because of the spaces used issue but also unless the child is coming just after lunch and having a nap they have used the most expensive part of the day if they came in the morning and had snack, craft, activities, lunch.

I have also offered a part time family the chance to go to part time if they could find a person to share the space with them and it only lasted as long as the other person stayed - ie if their friend left care they had to pay the full amount again.

Starting to feel at home...
    I also charge per day and not per hour. I do offer drop-in rates that are more expensive than my full-time rate. I also offer half day for $25 up to 4hr or $8/hr for anything less. But again I 'm only offering this service until my 5 th full-time little one starts in August. This give me extra money in the meantime.

Between about 8am and 230pm depending on the address. I have children to collect from school downtown by 330pm. I am fairly flexible. What is realy important for me is to find the right fit.