Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
Well quite honestly if you are working with the parent and have tried different forms of discipline over the last 6 months with no success then it really is a no brainer. You need to clarify what it is you actually want. You say you want to be free of unhappiness and exhaustion which you know is a result of this child but then you say you don't want to get rid of her because you will lose two children. Well it is one or the other I think. 6 months is more than enough time to invest in a child to make behavioral changes but you say you have not seen any change or success. What about the other child who is being pushed? You owe it to her to have her safety and best interests at heart. It is your duty as a good caregiver to protect her from this and it seems you have tried your best at trying to help the child but enough is enough. You owe it not only to yourself but to every other child in your care and their families to terminate immediately. This isn't just minor bad behavior, this is physical harm and is completely unacceptable. Protect the victimized child and terminate the problem child immediately. I think you do know what you have to do, but you are just afraid to act on it because it leaves you in a financially tight spot.
I couldn't agree more. SIX months is a loooong time to have worked with a behavioural problem with no results. And even worse, it is a LONG time for the other, poor little dcgirl, to be constantly victimized in what should be a safe place for her to spend her days.

You need to terminate. Your responsibility is to ALL the children in your care. Obviously the child either has some serious mental problems OR everyone is NOT on board as they claim with regard to disciplining this behaviour or it would have STOPPED by now. If you say that YOU have been trying to stop the behaviour then it has to be that they are not doing their part at home with regard to acts of aggression.

She needs to go.