Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hanging About

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    Sally, is it possible for you to gate off your entry-way so that neither child or parent can leave that area when it's time to be getting dressed and leaving? I've found that's a great way to prevent them from re-entering the rest of my house when it's time to go. With families who are prone to this, I will also stand blocking the way, using my body position to convey that going past me is not really an option. But the gate is a super easy method of maintaining the control over who enters and when.

I am giving notice next Friday. I actually have a parent who wishes to start mid-March, so this is perfect timing. I am just going to say that I am no longer able to accomodate their schedule, end of story.

brightsparks, I am an experienced provider, and I do get paid up front. I did a lot of favours for this family because they sweet talked me, and at the time, I really needed to fill the spot. NEVER AGAIN. Not worth it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox Sally View Post
    I am giving notice next Friday. I actually have a parent who wishes to start mid-March, so this is perfect timing. I am just going to say that I am no longer able to accomodate their schedule, end of story.

brightsparks, I am an experienced provider, and I do get paid up front. I did a lot of favours for this family because they sweet talked me, and at the time, I really needed to fill the spot. NEVER AGAIN. Not worth it.
    Perfect timing for sure! Good Luck

Expansive...
    Wow, she sounds like a real treat!! Sounds like you've made the best decision already so I just wanted to offer you a "good luck!" and hopefully it goes well. Let us know how it goes!