Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pink Eye etc

Euphoric !
    Torontokids...I get what you're saying and if I were a parent I wouldn't be annoyed at another child for getting mine sick either but I might be annoyed with my dcp who didn't let me make the decision if my child should be exposed to something like that or not. Obviously kids get sick and it's going to spread in dc's but sometimes there are precautions that can be taken to avoid some of the illnesses. If I had an alternate dcp then I would likely choose to send my child there until the child who had something was on antibiotics.

I keep all my parents up to date with illnesses that either I, my fiance or other dck's have and they can choose if they want to send them or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    My contract says that children with pink eye must stay home until it is better.

I ended up with pink eye last week. I let all parents know just in case. I had 1 child stay home the first day but all came after that. I went to the doc quickly and got eye drops and it cleared after 1 day. The doctor did tell me to not touch my eye and use a separate towel than my family.

Outgoing
    oh man, pick eye sucks. i had double pink eye when my oldest was about 8 months old, he gave it to me. I ended up at a urgent care clinic at 10pm on Good Friday because my left eye was swollen shut and hurt a lot, my other one was not as bad. My son's was minor in comparison.

I remember how contagious, painful and hard to handle pink eye was. It's in my contract that if i even suspect any illness, including pink eye, the kids have to go home right away and are not allowed back til a minimum of 24 hrs after antibiotics is started, or more. Even though the other children are exposed, the longer the sick child is there, the more they will interact with the other kids, the more they will touch everything, etc, therefor increasing the other kid's chances of catching it, and worse- me catching it! Then that increases the chances of my kids and my hubby getting it, etc.... I don't put up with a lot anymore because when i did, it was a solid 4 months of constant sicknesses around here. My son got bronchitis last year and i tightened up the illness policy, there's not much i tolerate anymore.