Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremble88 View Post
    Since I started up my daycare in September, the weather has not been amazing and as a result, we do not spend a lot of time outdoors. When we do, it has been building snow men, tobogganing hills, forts ect.

However, I want to invest in some awesome toys for the warmer weather, when we will spend a lot more time outdoors. But, I am pretty stumped for ideas. I am thinking water table, some sort of slide/swing set, playhouse, ride on toys, variety of balls, small picnic table ect.

What kind of toys do you all have for fun outdoor play?
    Backyard hose with a slow trickle will occupy for hours as they go around watering everything. The other kids hold small pails/watering cans to fill up and all take turns with hose. If u have any big icicles outside put them in freezer. In summer, put a little water in a kiddie pool and bring out saved icicles or some snowballs.
    On a slightly different note, in the summer if u have any milkweed pods from nature walks, save them for winter. Right now my dcks are having a blast blowing the silky seeds around the room or watching them rise up from the heater. Very easy to vacuum up too.

Euphoric !
    I have bit cedar play equipment with slide, swing, climbing walls and covered platforms. That get most use. Always someone on that.

Other toy used lot is a raised water table. Little children like to play with that. Is good with pebbles or sand or water. Boys like putting dinkies in and making tracks and hill to drive toy car on. Girls like best with water and bubbles and washing dollies. In Winter I bring inside. Is good for sensory playing.