Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: House cleaning

Expansive...

House cleaning

Seriously thinking of hiring a house cleaner on a biweekly basis, but just got a quote for $280 a month! Yikes!

I know some of you get a cleaner in. Do you have the whole house done or only certain areas. My quote was for the whole house - 3 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and our finished basement too. Maybe I should get another one for limited areas, focus on stuff that I never have time for - don't remember the last time I dusted my bedroom!!

Euphoric !
    I have 2 ladies come in for an hour twice a week. They charge me $80 a month. They clean my upstairs only - 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms, back entrance.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I have 2 ladies come in for an hour twice a week. They charge me $80 a month. They clean my upstairs only - 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms, back entrance.
    $80 is alot closer to what I was wanting to spend.

Euphoric !
    sorry didn't mean twice a week, I meant twice a month.

The going rate around where I am is $20 per hour. I pay $20 per hour per lady. I wish I could afford them to be here longer.

Outgoing
    I recently switched my cleaner to once a week, and I'm so happy I did. When I was doing every two weeks she did the whole house. Two storeys, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath. When I wanted to switch to every week, I decided I could dust the bedrooms and vacuum them myself. It doesn't happen often, but I don't care as much about those areas. So now she only goes upstairs to clean the bathroom, wash the hallway floor, and she vacuums my stairs. One the main floor she cleans everything. I pay $31.75 each week. I used to pay 37.50 every two weeks.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    sorry didn't mean twice a week, I meant twice a month.

The going rate around where I am is $20 per hour. I pay $20 per hour per lady. I wish I could afford them to be here longer.
    I was wondering! LOL!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    I recently switched my cleaner to once a week, and I'm so happy I did. When I was doing every two weeks she did the whole house. Two storeys, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath. When I wanted to switch to every week, I decided I could dust the bedrooms and vacuum them myself. It doesn't happen often, but I don't care as much about those areas. So now she only goes upstairs to clean the bathroom, wash the hallway floor, and she vacuums my stairs. One the main floor she cleans everything. I pay $31.75 each week. I used to pay 37.50 every two weeks.
    so is this a bonded and insured cleaning person, or just someone doing it on the side?

Euphoric !
    In the same city as superfun and mickyc.....I used to pay $20/hour. I had her come in and do one hour upstairs and one hour downstairs (daycare) every two weeks. She dusted, swept and mopped the floors, vaccummed the living room and stairs (as needed) and did the two bathrooms completely. Also did the hallways and laundry room.

I have had 2 cleaners and both times ended up with some different characters lol. I ended up letting them both go and now my fiance does the cleaning

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    so is this a bonded and insured cleaning person, or just someone doing it on the side?
    This is going to sound really bad on my part, but she's been our cleaner for so long that I forget if she had insurance, etc. It's not a side job for her, she does this full time.

She's the second cleaner we ever hired. The first one always tried to charge us for more time than she actually cleaned for. And one other time I tried a new cleaner when I needed someone to clean my house after moving out. (My regular cleaner didn't have enough time) I paid her $20 an hour, but the quality of cleaning was pretty bad. I find the only way to get a good cleaner is word of mouth. I've had poor luck finding them on my own.

Euphoric !
    I have a cleaner also ..... Started with bi weekly and moved to weekly after about 6 months... I have a large house ... 5 bedrooms and 4 bathroom bungalow ....daycare is in the basement ... He does the main floor (4 bedrooms and three bathrooms kitchen and great room) and the bathroom in the basement. He's here 5 hours and I pay $70.... I have no nic nacs and sadly no pictures on the wall so very little dusting