Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I agree with you A and C and that's why I shouted ADMIN!!!

ADMIN, please would you kindly explain why Judy's posts were taken down... I think it would help clear up the questions from this thread...Thank you

Euphoric !
    We are all self-employed business women here. In my opinion, we should be suppotive of each others' initiatives and business plans. If Judy has found a way to make a little bit of extra money in return for helping new providers with her knowledge that she has gained over years and years of experience I think that is great! Isn't this what happens all the time? People retire in their field and come back as consultants. I don't think it harms anyone here to have her business linked to in case some sturggling providers are really in need of some help from an experienced provider. This forum is a place where many new providers (and old as well) come for help. Nobody is forcing them to pay Judy for services. It is just a service that is available and you can choose to use it or not. I didn't see A & C's post as advertising, nor did I see the other posts as plugs. I am not sure why this has even become an issue. I have also stopped posting much on here because it seems every time I try, things end up getting nasty and this is a public forum. I cringe thinking that this is how parents see daycare providers if they are reading.

Expansive...
    Wow, controversy! I, too, read it initially as advertising but I didn't care because, honestly, who cares?! We all advertise our home based businesses here and since Judy's business is daycare related I'm not sure where the controversy lies. If you are not interested in daycare coaching, simply by pass and ignore. If you are, click away!
    Also, I've been here for quite some time and cliques? popular girls? I've never seen issue with this here, what are we 13?? I've seen some side with others on various issues, but that is life people...people have different philosophies, personalities etc. In a forum with this many members, friendships will be formed with people you find you "mesh" with. Obviously, I don't belong with either of these so called groups so maybe I'm being naive!
    Anyways, I guess I'm trying to figure out why everyone's knickers are in a knot?? I can't see the big deal.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Wow, controversy! I, too, read it initially as advertising but I didn't care because, honestly, who cares?! We all advertise our home based businesses here and since Judy's business is daycare related I'm not sure where the controversy lies. If you are not interested in daycare coaching, simply by pass and ignore. If you are, click away!
    Also, I've been here for quite some time and cliques? popular girls? I've never seen issue with this here, what are we 13?? I've seen some side with others on various issues, but that is life people...people have different philosophies, personalities etc. In a forum with this many members, friendships will be formed with people you find you "mesh" with. Obviously, I don't belong with either of these so called groups so maybe I'm being naive!
    Anyways, I guess I'm trying to figure out why everyone's knickers are in a knot?? I can't see the big deal.
    This is exactly what I was thinking

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Oh brother seriously? There is no clique, there are no popular girls, there are no repercussions for getting on someones bad side and no one gets booted out. If someone is on just to be a continuous shit disturber, which we have encountered, we can ask the Administrator to deal with this person.

Judy told this forum that she had had enough and was never, ever coming back. I could even hear the door slam as she left. I thought it was too bad, as she, along with many others who post here, have some great advice and insight. Now, she is back and I was happy to see she had changed her mind. I did notice that her "tone" had softened and that she had another website. I'm not stupid, I knew she was back to promote her websites...........a nd I had no issues with it, but don't pretend her return is just a change of heart.

I wish people would stop interpreting some posters who ask the difficult questions and who are up front about what they think, that this is some high school clique. ITS NOT! , and if someone misinterprets what you post, then kindly set them straight without feeling like they are coming after you. That being said, this site is not like free play after a no-nap day, but I respect your right to say so.
    I feel like I stepped into the middle of a hornets nest.

The thread was fine until a long standing member posted that "plugging" someone's business in this manner was lame.

Did she know ALL the posters were doing that? If she has been on the forum for a while, why wouldn't she ask for clarification if she didn't know? She didn't ask a difficult question. She simply misinterpreted what posters were saying and said that was lame. THAT is childish.

I would expect a longer standing member to state her issues, let newbies (me) know that it wasn't allowed, connect links to show me and leave it at that.

But instead she choose a rather childish way to handle her problem (or imagined issue) and in the end, the gals who reacted to her are the ones being "corrected"

I only asked a question and have gotten an earful about Judy and her past doings....NONE of which have anything to do with me (a newbie to this board) so if that doesn't make this site look like a high school girls lunch table, I don't know what does.

You specifically say that if a poster misinterprets your post, set them straight. I did and am still being given a bunch of dramatic details about some type of drama that went down here. Who cares??? I surely don't. Because I am not 13 and personally I like to form my own opinions and ideas about stuff but so far you guys are doing a pretty good job of showing me how petty and childish forums can be.

fwiw, I won't be posting in this thread anymore because I have my answer but it doesn't mean I will be leaving the forum and slamming the door...I am merely going to continue being a regular reader and a minimal poster so that nothing I say gets misinterpreted.

I asked ONE question. Got the answer I was looking for and a WHOLE bunch of other unnecessary info. So thanks...I think.

I just received another call!!! However the girl is 4yo and I like to start with infants. Mom was very interested because her place is very close to mine. I mentioned that the girl would be bored here since I currently have only toddlers and we are doing toddlers' activities, because she was trying to convince me by saying the girl likes to play with her 2 yo cousin. She is also starting JK in September, so no my best choice...

Anyways, another family is coming on Monday to drop off my contract signed and the little guy is starting the following week. I feel my last spot very close to be filled up! but I will keep my options open until he is enrolled, we never know in this business.
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 02-23-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo

Euphoric !
    I am sorry I caused such an uproar...geez. I never in my wildest dreams thought the reaction would be as it was. Just to clarify: I never said that Judy shouldn't advertise, nor did I say that she shouldn't have a side business; I am sure a lot of us do. What I did comment on was the post that just "appeared" to be plugging the business and I questioned if they were genuine. I have been corrected, thank you.

I really didn't care enough that it was advertising vs. genuine posts really so perhaps I shouldn't have commented at all (I truly did not see the responses being so strong to my comment I was just pointing out something). I had no intentions of "creating a hornets nest" nor making people feel uncomfortable. I think this forum is fantastic, I do not wish to make people feel like they can't safely post something. This is probably the first time I had posted something of this nature. Read my other posts, I try to be helpful and seek help often.

I also said Judy's post may have been removed because daycare bear may not have liked her free advertisements. I did not place any value on this (e.g. people should or should not do this) I was merely answering the posters question about where her post had gone and had it been removed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    I am sorry I caused such an uproar...geez. I never in my wildest dreams thought the reaction would be as it was. Just to clarify: I never said that Judy shouldn't advertise, nor did I say that she shouldn't have a side business; I am sure a lot of us do. What I did comment on was the post that just "appeared" to be plugging the business and I questioned if they were genuine. I have been corrected, thank you.

I really didn't care enough that it was advertising vs. genuine posts really so perhaps I shouldn't have commented at all (I truly did not see the responses being so strong to my comment I was just pointing out something). I had no intentions of "creating a hornets nest" nor making people feel uncomfortable. I think this forum is fantastic, I do not wish to make people feel like they can't safely post something. This is probably the first time I had posted something of this nature. Read my other posts, I try to be helpful and seek help often.

I also said Judy's post may have been removed because daycare bear may not have liked her free advertisements. I did not place any value on this (e.g. people should or should not do this) I was merely answering the posters question about where her post had gone and had it been removed.
    I understand that when we write, our words may sound different compared to when we talk, that's why in this case I felt offended when I though my post was called "lame plug" or when I though you were trying to tell me how I was supposed to write the subject of my treats or the content of my posts. Thanks for clarifying.

By the way Torontokids getting out of the subject, how is the cleaning lady I recommended you doing?

Expansive...
    Saying thanks for good advice is not an issue, at least not in my opinion.

The threads/responses that were removed were removed because advertising your business in a free forum is not allowed- I did discuss it with the admin and we came to the decision as a team.

Judy does have great advice and has been a huge help for a lot of providers, I completely agree with that.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post: