Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    Maybe I read more into it then I should have. I thought the post was merely advertising for her business in a different way. If it was a traditional post that you would find in here it would be more like "Judy is so awesome she suggested I do ________ to drum up business and it worked. Instead it was more like an advertisement for her services without being specific. It just feels like Judy said she wouldn't come back here and then as Mimi said returns with info re: her new business. It was I guess more an observation.

That being said, I do appreciate Judy's insights/bluntness and enjoy reading her posts.

One of Judy`s responses on another thread to someones questions and concerns was to direct them to her daycare coaching website, so this is most definitely advertising her business. That being said, I personally didnt think there was anything wrong with that as it didnt effect me directly and it was simply advising someone that there was a service available for them. From the perspective of a website like this though which relies heavily on advertising to generate money as the forum, daycare listings and search engine for parents is free, I can see why that would not be allowed.

I am also glad that someone else has noticed and pointed out that a big announcement was made RE Judy`s departure from the forum, which as a result caused a huge thread of responses, but all of a sudden she returns with her new business venture. It`s not that it is in anyway an issue, she has valuable perspectives that enrich this forum and I for one was recently wishing she was here to give her views and opinions a few weeks ago on a member and a specific situation that came up, who was with us just since January and left us a couple of weeks ago, but I to the conclusion from her final post and was lead to believe that she was gone for good and then saw that her return was accompanied by her new daycare business venture.

I don`t think anyone needs to be pissed off. Nobody was rude, just gave their perspective. Of course this is a place for difference of opinions which includes different perceptions. It doesnt necessairily make one person right over the other though. I dont think anyone needs to apologize if they didnt make some kind of personal remark to another, and in response I dont think people need to take things so personally when they arent actually having any mean or vindictive comments directed towards them.

To Blackcat, I have to say I didnt think you meant a link to Judy`s actual website as that is right their on her profile page or if you click on her name it allows you to link directly to her website, and also at the bottom of each of her postings it is there, or have they been removed. I thought you mean`t she had linked something else in a response to a thread and that had been removed. What was it you were actually referring to *EDIT...sorry I thought this was the OP who asked but reread that it was blackcat so editted the post to reflect this*

*I apologize for poor punctuation. My daughter has changed the settings to french punctuation and so I cant do half the things I need to lol*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

I guess I am not a traditional woman then, only an appreciative one. This is not my first thank you in this forum. I thanked once the ladies in this forum for helping me solve my son nap time issues and yes the name of the threat was "Thank you ladies for all the help to solve my son nap time issues" or something similar. I do not remember anybody questioning me why the subject of my thank you post wasn't different or asking me then to provide details of how my issues got solved. I was so happy then, as I am now, that I wanted to share and recognize the value of the women in this forum, as I am now doing with Judy. And if my thank you has come in the moment that Judy is starting her business and helps her on her endeavor so be it. I don't see anything wrong with it and I actually believe it will be beneficial for a lot of daycare providers out there. I don’t know why this is rubbing people the wrong way. I would think in a women’s forum there would be more support for woman starting a new business.

From the perspective of a website like this though which relies heavily on advertising to generate money as the forum, daycare listings and search engine for parents is free, I can see why that would not be allowed.
    I do not agree with this statement. If you go to "Curses for daycare providers" in this forum, you will see other websites that also generate money on several threats. This just makes me wonder why Judy’s post should be treated differently. There seem to be an arbitrary approach of threats removal in here.
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 02-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.

totally brainfarting here but didn't there used to be another provider or two that had links to their web pages and side businesses?

Playing devils advocate here if they were allowed to advertise their side business why shouldn't everyone be given the same opportunity?? Unless there is different rules for different folks here that is.

Judy may have wished us all a grand goodbye a while ago but quite frankly I think it was a much needed wake up call for quite a few "cliques" on here. And it is totally her prerogative to come back after a cool down period and post again if she wishes. Unless it is a closed forum...and only those that drink the koolaid are welcome

6. The Following User Says Thank You to notaunicorn For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    Maybe I read more into it then I should have. I thought the post was merely advertising for her business in a different way. If it was a traditional post that you would find in here it would be more like "Judy is so awesome she suggested I do ________ to drum up business and it worked. Instead it was more like an advertisement for her services without being specific. It just feels like Judy said she wouldn't come back here and then as Mimi said returns with info re: her new business. It was I guess more an observation.

That being said, I do appreciate Judy's insights/bluntness and enjoy reading her posts.
    That isn't at all how I read it. I saw it as what it apparently was.. a thank you. I'm not sure why that would then bring up the fact that someone left and came back?

Why can't a thank you be a thank you. I'm apparently missing something.

eta: Notaunicorn I believe you're right. I don't post often but have been reading for a while. Perhaps that advertising was paid for..?
    Last edited by SLD; 02-22-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    To Blackcat, I have to say I didnt think you meant a link to Judy`s actual website as that is right their on her profile page or if you click on her name it allows you to link directly to her website, and also at the bottom of each of her postings it is there, or have they been removed. I thought you mean`t she had linked something else in a response to a thread and that had been removed. What was it you were actually referring to *EDIT...sorry I thought this was the OP who asked but reread that it was blackcat so editted the post to reflect this*

*I apologize for poor punctuation. My daughter has changed the settings to french punctuation and so I cant do half the things I need to lol*
    Some one pointed me to this forum because there was a thread posted about (Judy) a daycare coach. I wasn't aware of Judy's comings and goings and whatever other drama or non-drama has or hasn't been happening over here.

I was told there was a thread about a daycare coach and it listed the website, so I came over here looking for that thread. I did not know to check her old posts or whatever else may have had her links.

I was simply asking a question and another user apparently thought I (along with others) was advertising or plugging someone's business. ????

Like I said, if advertising is against the rules, then why not just say that?

BTW, I found the answer I was looking for.

Another member was gracious enough to PM me the link. (thank you!)

Which is something that kind of concerns me about this board. Why did that member feel the need to have to PM me the link? Why not post it in the thread in case others readers could see it too? Was she going to be reprimanded for mentioning Judy's name or something??

I was told before I joined this forum that there is a bit of learning curve to this place. That some gals will not be helpful and/or friendly at all and if I should happen to get on the "popular girls" bad sides, I could get booted.

I have been hesitant to post since and don't visit often because of that.

If Torontokids read the original post wrong or misinterpreted it, that's on her but if she wasn't sure, why not ask for clarification rather than just make a rude comment.

I think I'll just go back to reading instead of posting as this place is too much like free play after a no-nap day.

Oh brother seriously? There is no clique, there are no popular girls, there are no repercussions for getting on someones bad side and no one gets booted out. If someone is on just to be a continuous shit disturber, which we have encountered, we can ask the Administrator to deal with this person.

Judy told this forum that she had had enough and was never, ever coming back. I could even hear the door slam as she left. I thought it was too bad, as she, along with many others who post here, have some great advice and insight. Now, she is back and I was happy to see she had changed her mind. I did notice that her "tone" had softened and that she had another website. I'm not stupid, I knew she was back to promote her websites...........a nd I had no issues with it, but don't pretend her return is just a change of heart.

I wish people would stop interpreting some posters who ask the difficult questions and who are up front about what they think, that this is some high school clique. ITS NOT! , and if someone misinterprets what you post, then kindly set them straight without feeling like they are coming after you. That being said, this site is not like free play after a no-nap day, but I respect your right to say so.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

I think it's worth a shout out to ADMIN with regards to why Judys thread got deleted. Also her comment on another thread seems to have vanished. I think the forum is a fine place to offer gratitude to anyone and that there was nothing wrong with the OP comments.

Arts and Crafts you don't have to agree with the statement I made about advertising, I did however make it clear that this was not my opinion but that of the website needing to generate revenue from paid advertising and not allowing the forum to be a place for dcproviders to advertise freely, and for this reason I suspect the thread was removed. I quite clearly stated that I can see from their perspective, I did not say I agree or that this was my opinion. I was simply trying to come up with an explanation for why this may have happened by putting myself in their shoes and this is what I came up with.
    Last edited by bright sparks; 02-22-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: auto correct grrr

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Arts and Crafts you don't have to agree with the statement I made about advertising, I did however make it clear that this was not my opinion but that of the website needing to generate revenue from paid advertising and not allowing the forum to be a place for dcproviders to advertise freely, and for this reason I suspect the thread was removed. I quite clearly stated that I can see from their perspective, I did not say I agree or that this was my opinion. I was simply trying to come up with an explanation for why this may have happened by putting myself in their shoes and this is what I came up with.
    I also was trying to come up with a LOGICAL explanation for the reason her threat was removed while other threats with businesses websites are still in this forum and have been here for a very loooong time. Is there a set of rules that who knows where they are to be found as to when threats with businesses websites should be removed? Do these rules apply only to Judy???

I didn't see anything wrong with Judy's previous threat and I think it could be of great help for several providers, mainly the ones that are considering quitting because of children's or parent's stress. This job does not have to be stressful or depressing and I do not see why Judy can't help with that. If some people do not want to pay for it that's fine, but there are others that are at the end of their rope and this could be a good option for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat3168 View Post

Why not post it in the thread in case others readers could see it too?
    I would be happy to point you in Judy's direction or any other provider in need of help.

Her coaching website is: www.daycarecoaching.com

Her blog: www.JustTheBabySitter.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post: