Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thank you Judy for your marketing advice!

I wanted to thank you publicly because of the great help I have received from you!

I’ve been trying to fill up my last spot since 8 months ago and have only received 3 calls for full time in that time frame since I am currently located in a thought area to get clients. Some of the challenges that I have been facing are:

• That 2 kids have died recently in different home daycares very close to my house (one of them is the girl from the warehouse daycare that has been mentioned as the cause of Bill 143)
    • Home daycares are seen in this area as the bottom choice of childcare. Most parents prefer the status of a well-known daycare centers or live-in nannies.

There are only a few of us, home daycare providers, around this area (since we are not very popular here) and in the past months I have seen a couple new home daycares disappear and older ones struggling to fill up several spots at a time.

I didn’t know what to expect when I asked for your help, but I am very glad I did! During the last week I have received 3 calls from families looking for daycare, after following your advice. So I have gone from 3 inquires in 8 months to 3 inquires in a week. I couldn’t be happier! I really appreciate the time you spent on helping me solve this issue. Thank you!
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 02-21-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Shy
    I'll never be able to thank Judy enough for helping me to fine tune my skills as a child care provider and giving me guidance that has allowed me to have success without compromise. Thank you, Judy!

Shy
    It's funny that you mentioned Judy here today. I was just telling a friend of mine about her. My friend is starting a home child care and asked me if I knew anyone that could mentor or help her navigate the rules and regulations of child care.

I sent her to this forum and told her to specifically look up Judy. I remember a thread about her offering Daycare coaching. Which, btw is a fantastic idea in my opinion....

Anyways.....where did that thread go? I searched for it but I can't find it? Was it removed or deleted? I've heard that happens a lot here.

If so, I wonder why.... as helping support or teach/help new providers via coaching is such a wonderful idea that I can't imagine why it wouldn't be something that a daycare forum promoted.

So if anyone knows the link or how I find it, please let me know. TIA!

Does anyone know the link so I can share it?

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat3168 View Post
    It's funny that you mentioned Judy here today. I was just telling a friend of mine about her. My friend is starting a home child care and asked me if I knew anyone that could mentor or help her navigate the rules and regulations of child care.

I sent her to this forum and told her to specifically look up Judy. I remember a thread about her offering Daycare coaching. Which, btw is a fantastic idea in my opinion....

Anyways.....where did that thread go? I searched for it but I can't find it? Was it removed or deleted? I've heard that happens a lot here.

If so, I wonder why.... as helping support or teach/help new providers via coaching is such a wonderful idea that I can't imagine why it wouldn't be something that a daycare forum promoted.

So if anyone knows the link or how I find it, please let me know. TIA!

Does anyone know the link so I can share it?
    Is this what you are looking for http://www.daycarecoaching.com/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samantha33 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I wonder if maybe if it was removed because this is blatant advertising for her business which I am guessing they have not received money for. I think the business is a good idea as well but these "plugs" are a little lame.

Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    I wonder if maybe if it was removed because this is blatant advertising for her business which I am guessing they have not received money for. I think the business is a good idea as well but these "plugs" are a little lame.
    I hope you are not talking about my "plug". If I offended you for wanting to share my experience with Judy, I am sorry, but I am really happy that to have found a results oriented person (which I have met only a handful of them in my lifetime) willing to help me in this though time that I have been going through in my business. I am so impressed with her knowledge and effectiveness that I will for sure share her information with the few providers around my area (since our main competition are really daycare centers here).

If the reason they removed her post was because she was "advertising her business without receiving money" I think they should removed the "Courses for providers" section of this forum altogether since I have found there several threats advertizing other people's businesses and I am sure they have not paid a single penny to daycare bear.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    Why? The information Judy has to share has helped people. What's lame about getting that out there? Unless it's merely a money thing which would be a shame.

Shy
    Obviously, I am new here so I thought I would ask.

I don't know much about the forum's advertising rules and what not. I was merely asking a question because some one else mentioned her name.

I didn't realize my question would be considered a "plug"...sheesh
    ....sorry I got your panties in a bunch.

No wonder other people "warned" about this forum.

I "thought" it was a board where providers could share things with each other and get help.
    Which is exactly what I was doing....

I am a little PO'ed that I came here to ask a simple question and get called lame for doing so.

If there is a list of certain things or specific names I am not suppose to be mentioning, could you please point me in that direction please. I would appreciate it.

I think torontokids meant the plugs on Judy's posts not your thank you to her for the help you received and appreciated. I see no problem with your public thank you as many of us have helped each other with sharing daycare documents, websites etc.

It did come to my mind though, and I am sure others remember it too, that Judy posted that she would not be returning to this forum due to being pissed off about some attitudes of some posters. To me it was clear she was done. So I was pleased to see her back, but saw all the links to her website and new business that I realized that was a big reason why she had returned.
    Still happy to read her opinions.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Re-reading these I don't see these as plugs. One is a thank you, nothing wrong with that. Another is a question.

A "plug" would be "hey have you seen this website?" Thanking someone or asking a question isn't lame.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SLD For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast