Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever changing

Expansive...

Unhappy Ever changing

I am really amazed how much things can change in this business !! I just got a text that dck hours needed have changed and now I'm thinking I may have to start looking again ! I have just switched everyone to Monday - Wednesday based on this particular dck ( hours cut at dcm work ) and got myself organized and now dcm isn't sure she can afford to stay . I am still happy with the mon- Wednesday set up , but now will be down one probably !!
    Not that every job is secure or every pay day the same but frustrated tonight for sure !!

Starting to feel at home...
    One of the joys of the jobs. Every aspect is for ever changing!

It seems at the time we are very frustrated. But if I look ahead to what has happened with the new dck's that come then I see it has always turned out for the better. I hope you find the Mom who needs you.

Yes, I think one of the biggest downfalls (to providers) of this business is turnover. Not only from an income standpoint, but from the standpoint of how exhausting it is to interview and then transitioning kids and listening to crying for the first few weeks etc. It's really hard, mentally, on the provider.

Not long ago I was actually wondering how many hours of my life have been spent listening to crying kids as they transition. If you do the math on it it's like about a YEAR'S worth of crying. Honestly! I have had around 55 kids now and even if each them ONLY cried for a week each (and I have had some cry for 8 weeks!) that means I have literally spent a year of my life (likely more like TWO years) listening to crying and screaming.

The turnover affects us in so many ways and I don't think other people understand that.

I just went through this myself. I've had a huge changeover, too, and just when I thought things were stable, I had to let someone go.

But, I've got 2 new ones starting next week and their ages are much better suited to my group and they are coming in at my new rate.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so keep looking for that silver lining.