Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Stomach bugs - Parents sending their toddler knowingly with one today?!

Ugggh so I was lucky - or so I thought to have all my daycare kiddos and my own son nap for over 3 hours today. Great I thought, makes up for all those days I listen to crying, screaming and babbling all though naptime. Well, I get up one little dcg and her room stunk to high heaven. I changed her diaper and it was all diharrea then after I cleaned her all up she stood and vomited all over my playroom carpet.
    I called dcm who said dad was OFF today and was on his way. 45 mins later he arrived! Said dcg was apparently sick on the weekend too but seemed fine this morning... GROAN.

I am 3 weeks away from my due date and sooo do not need this going around my daycare right now. So tempted to term this family as them sending her knowingly sick has happened before.

Euphoric !
    Oh no!!! That is so annoying!! Poor girl And poor you, cleaning up puke is the worst IMO.

I had a dcm stay home sick on Friday but dcd dropped off dck. When dcd picked up he said mom had the flu and he was starting to feel sick. Sunday my fiance and I woke up feeling terrible. It hit hard and we had the flu. I ended up closing today and my fiance called in sick as well. I haven't been sick in ages and forgot how much the flu sucks!! I can't believe how achy I was/am. Thankfully, it is getting better and I think I will be fine to be open tomorrow.

I hope you don't get it!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thank you 5 Little Monkeys... I hope that I don't as well! I don't charge for sick days so if any of my other dck get sick this week it will not be good!

Starting to feel at home...
    Ugh. I thought not charging for sick days was supposed to encourage parents to keep sick kids home. Yuck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nschildcare For This Useful Post:

What I have going around is the vomit bug. Perfectly normal toddlers suddenly have projectile vomiting for a few hours and then are in recovery mode which takes a couple of days. Their mood continues to be good, they are just off their food.

I have an extremely strict sickness policy requiring a child to be 24 hours symptom free before returning to daycare and then they still have to call me prior to them coming back to confirm that they are allowed to return to daycare.

I also have a condition in my contract which would allow me to term without notice and loss of deposit for this. I am furious just typing this. Not only did they with hold information that the child was sick over the weekend, but they had absolutely no regard for your wellbeing being only 3 weeks away from your due date. I don't know these people and they may have been the best parents ever up until now, but after pulling this stunt they have proven their true colours are a shade of "JACKASS" I would terminate for sure!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Especially since a parent was home all day .... God forbid they spend the day with the kid

Outgoing
    Thanks everyone. This family makes me crazy.

I feel for them in a way and to a certain extent - parents don't have any backup period. Apparently no family or friends to rely on.

This family is clueless or completely selfish when it comes to taking time off work. She has been sick before here and expected me to bathe since it would take the parents at least an hour to pick her up. Sure, no problem along with having a household of 5 other toddlers I can take the time to give YOUR child a bath.

The mom even had the nerve to ask when I called her to notify her if dcg could return today. Ummm NO! I said she must be off 24 hours.

We will see how things go in another few weeks when I deliver the baby. If they don't start improving I have another family on my wait list wanting to start in April who I will call. Just HATE the thought of transitioning another 1 year old :-(

Outgoing
    Oh that's so gross, sassy! Makes me feel sick thinking about it. Maybe you should explain to them, in a non-confrontational manner that you are three weeks away from your due date and that the flu can be dangerous at this stage of your pregnancy. Tell them that their decision to send their sick child to you was shortsighted and put you and your baby at risk.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gravy_train For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I am definitely saying something tomorrow. Mom usually drops off and Dad picks up so I will get a chance to say it to them BOTH. They need to keep their child home on the Monday if she is sick at all over the weekend stomach bug wise.

Thankfully so far so good here today. Fingers crossed no one else gets it. She was sick right after nap yesterday. After she was sick I kept her confined to the playroom while the others coloured in the dining room/crafting area with my older sons who had just arrived home from school.