Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expansive...

Worst pick up lines

Good morning...
    I just want to vent about the most annoying pick up lines I hear - as in going home time for the dcks.

I have a parent whose child fusses when she dresses them to go home and she says "Don't worry I am not leaving you here." Excuse me but your child was happy all day long and why are you making daycare sound like purgatory? The child is fussing about leaving with YOU not about staying here with me. I just smile but it irks me.

Then another parent is like "If you don't get ready right now then I am going to leave you here." Once again....this parent makes daycare sound like a punishment.

And parents wonder why their kids fuss at drop off.

Haha love the subject line. So true! I do appreciate when they have their children tidy up what they were playing at and say 'thank you' to me at the end of the day
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    Ready for this one.....?

"Whatever princess wants, princess rules the house." Ummm.... No.

Euphoric !
    I actually love when the parents say "okay, you can stay here for the night" because the children will say "okay" and smile and wave goodbye LOL. It is annoying though how these parents can't just pick up their child and get them dressed!! I will sometimes say "Oh xxx, you can get yourself dressed nicely. Show mommy!" Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's amazing the change in some children when their parents how up haha. I have one dc grandma who tells me all the time that she loves that her granddaughter never wants to leave but I can see that sometimes the dck is a brat to grandma and I feel bad for her. She is an angel here all day tho!

I also love when they say "thank you" at the end of the day. I have one family who is great at everything but they always say "thanks for babysitting" and it drives me crazy LOL but I guess it would be weird to say "thanks for being a good dcp" or "thanks for daycaring" everyday haha.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JennJubie View Post
    Ready for this one.....?

You have got to be kidding...wow!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    oh yes gotta love the "I am going to leave you here if you don't hurry up".

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by JennJubie View Post
    Ready for this one.....?

Ugh, I had a child/family like this and it was horrible watching them with her 2x a day. I felt so sorry for the older boy who always seemed like he got the short end of the stick. They were a great family on paper and knew all the right things to say and do when it came to parenting but when it came to actually DOING the parenting....they sucked!!

I've mentioned this before, but the mom would be kneeling in front of her son (helping him remove his outerwear) and answers him "yes, my king" to his requests. So glad they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spixie33 View Post
    Good morning...
    I just want to vent about the most annoying pick up lines I hear - as in going home time for the dcks.

I have a parent whose child fusses when she dresses them to go home and she says "Don't worry I am not leaving you here." Excuse me but your child was happy all day long and why are you making daycare sound like purgatory? The child is fussing about leaving with YOU not about staying here with me. I just smile but it irks me.

Then another parent is like "If you don't get ready right now then I am going to leave you here." Once again....this parent makes daycare sound like a punishment.

And parents wonder why their kids fuss at drop off.
    I would have totally said something.....not in a nasty way but in a very upfront way like, "Wow wouldn't that be lots more fun" lol frickin idiot people

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but the mom would be kneeling in front of her son (helping him remove his outerwear) and answers him "yes, my king" to his requests. So glad they are gone.
    Holy cow, again I'd have a very hard time keeping my lips sealed. I'd be responding with something along the lines of " well he sure has you wrapped around his little finger"...I tend to get away with saying stuff like this because of my English accent, people find it amusing....omg I sound like an ass BAHAHAHA