Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Out of Curiosity...a few random questions

Where is your daycare space? Mine is in my basement. The main daycare area is down there, but we use the kitchen and dining room on my main floor. It amounts to about half of the house.

What is your thermostat set to? Mine is set to 22C, which is ok for my family. Since we are in the basement during daycare hours, I get a cold even with a sweater on, so i turn on my electric fireplace and it bumps up the temperature a few degrees. I will turn it off once i don't feel cold. The kids seem to be fine, but i get cold easily, this winter has been brutal for me.

Starting to feel at home...
    Mine is in the basement. Kitchen and living room used at lunch. I keep the heat at 68 once we go to bed and 70 or 71 during the day. Naptime is when is goes up to 71. All the kids have sweaters here and have been putting them on first thing in the morning till the basement warms up. My daycare door is in the daycare room and is opened often till 8:30

Expansive...
    I keep the temp at 70 F. What I find difficult is that I find I go from freezing to sweaty often throughout the day. There are those times when I am prepping snack or lunch, getting the kids dressed to go outside or changing diapers one after another where I have to take my sweater off I am so hot. And then there is free play and naptime where I freeze if I am not sipping on tea or coffee!

Starting to feel at home...
    My daycare space is the majority of the house minus the basement (brand new house and not yet finished). We keep it warmer in here, mine is set at 75.

Euphoric !
    We are in the basement, fully finished with about 600sq feet, plus a bathroom and kitchen area.

Only time we go up is outside time and for naps as they all have nap rooms.

We keep our house at 22 but have electric heat in basement that I have on most the daycare days right now.

Expansive...
    Mine is in my basement too , it's 1200 sq ft minus 2 bedrooms . I keep it warm !! Like 23 !! Lol I freeze too !! I prepare my lunches upstairs and we nap upstairs just so I can do housework and make supper ect

I keep the house at 20 C. My daycare is in the basement and has heated floors which I also keep at 20. After sitting on the floor for a while I do feel hot. My eating and craft area are upstairs. For nap this is the first time I have put the gas fireplace on in the basement while the kids nap this winter.

Euphoric !
    Mine is in the basement, about 900sq feet. We keep the heat at about 21. I have a small plug in heater downstairs in the kitchen on a shelf that I put on during the morning until the basement has the chill taken off of it.