Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Throw Up Bros

Euphoric !
    side note....don't you hate it when the kids ask their parents for a drink or snack as soon as they get in the door?? I feel like it makes me look like I'm starving them LOL. They all leave within 15-45 minutes after our last snack tho so I KNOW they aren't hungry or thirsty!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yes !!!! I had a dcm who sent junkie snacks because dcg didn't like my healthy ones , I explained how it wasn't food I wanted in my house and dcm says well she has to eat !!
    I've started serving my lunches and snacks and if they eat they eat . I do the same with my own , I usually tell dcp they didn't eat much , to give them a heads up but I am feeding interesting nutritious meals so I try not to let it get to me if they don't eat .
    It's weird to me they eat then throw up ! I am not sure I would be so nice ! I think I would insist they brought their own food !!! I can't imagine dealing with that daily x 2 !!!!

Euphoric !
    I have started coming upstairs with the last couple kids and I know the reason they are asking is because they love to get a drink from my water cooler up here...but still LOL

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    side note....don't you hate it when the kids ask their parents for a drink or snack as soon as they get in the door?? I feel like it makes me look like I'm starving them LOL. They all leave within 15-45 minutes after our last snack tho so I KNOW they aren't hungry or thirsty!!
    OMG! Yes! He does it all of the time. It has come to the point that the father and I will silently mouth the words to one another while the dcb days them. As it is THAT predictable. They say that he will eat them out of house and home, but I guess that is only the case with junk food and foods that he actually likes.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondtimearound View Post
    Yes !!!! I had a dcm who sent junkie snacks because dcg didn't like my healthy ones , I explained how it wasn't food I wanted in my house and dcm says well she has to eat !!
    I've started serving my lunches and snacks and if they eat they eat . I do the same with my own , I usually tell dcp they didn't eat much , to give them a heads up but I am feeding interesting nutritious meals so I try not to let it get to me if they don't eat .
    It's weird to me they eat then throw up ! I am not sure I would be so nice ! I think I would insist they brought their own food !!! I can't imagine dealing with that daily x 2 !!!!
    Luckily, they don't throw up every meal, so I DO get breaks during the week. However, I think that the older one is more picky then the younger one, so it will be interesting to see what happens come the summer when I have him for more lunches. Joyous!

As this isn't a normal situation I wouldn't treat their eating style/habits as normal either. They could very well be full and then be hungry again 30 minutes later. Perhaps they have a sensitive stomach which causes the vomiting after too much food but they still digest at the same rate and if they have only eaten a little bit then of course that would be through their system quicker than others and they will be hungry again sooner. Some people can only cope with eating very small amounts but more frequently. I wouldn't worry to much on the why it happens and concentrate just on finding a solution but don't have an expectation of them that is comparative to any of your other children regardless of age. The goal is to stop the vomiting and if they complain they are hungry shortly after a meal then you need to tell them to stop asking and that when it is snack time they will get more food. if you absolutely must then just give them half a piece of fruit that they can eat easily without disrupting the group or current activity. They are 4 and 6 and need to be told and they will have to learn that this is how things work in your house. Very very slowly introduce an extra bite of food after you have had a 2-4 week period of no vomiting and see how this works. Also tell the 6 year old for sure that if he feels sick to run to the toilet!