Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    I prefer contact via phone. I put in my advertisements that I do not accept email enquiries and to only call in the evening or on the weekend. If they call me during the day I just tell them to call later. I find that otherwise you do lots of messaging back in forth with alot of time wasted, where a 5 minute phone conversation would have covered everything. You can get such a better feel about a person by actually talking to them. I also feel that you are getting families that are seriously interested, as they must actually pick up the phone! But I have had lots of job experience that required talking to people in person and on the phone, so phones don't scare me. Lol

Once a family is signed up, I am more willing to accept correspondence by text or email. But I am one of those people that has resisted texting and only do it if I have to.

As for interviewing, I talk to them about their needs on the phone first, then schedule interviews. I will do several for a spot if there is interest, so that I get the best fit for it. I don't do first come first serve, and yes it does suck turning people down but I think it is part of the job. I think being able to tell people 'no' in a professional manner is an important skill to have too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

I do not take phone calls relating to daycare outside of regular hours and clearly state on my website that they can feel free to call during X hours and if I don't answer to leave a message and I will call them back. After all I have nap time typically 12:30-3/3:30 to call people back. After hours, the method of contact is email and I will respond within 24 hrs/next business day if it is a weekend enquiry. I already give so many hours to my daycare, both during opening time and after hours book keeping, prep and shopping. Why anyone would let it eat into their weekend is beyond me when there are other times to get things done. My family time is worth more to me. My biggest pet peeve for inquiries is Stat holidays. I understand they are off work for the day but I am closed and off just like they are so show some respect and don't call. If they do, I have to fight mentally to keep my cool and I simply take their name and number and tell them I will either call back or email back, whatever they would prefer, on my next regular working day as I am currently preoccupied with family time. Some people may be knarked off by this but it makes it quite clear from the start that I don't take any messing and usually gains me more respect and any parents who are offended by this response, which does not equal me dropping everything because they expect it, are not the client for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post: