Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Lol !! They love the chalk ! And after everyone gets a wet one and they love cleaning it all up !! Another wet one for themselves ! Seriously it's great !!! My tv is mounted pretty high on the wall so no worries here !!!

Euphoric !
    I keep balls from my kids as much as possible inside. I find they just get them crazy hyper. Balls everywhere, kids running...just not worth it.

Euphoric !
    I agree with torontokids on that one! LOL

that is why I thought a pool with the ball pit balls in it. I don't allow them to throw balls (I have 2 small soft balls inside).

Temperature looks like it is going to be nice the rest of the week so hopefully get outside so I might save that one for a day we have to stay in.

Today we painted on snow inside. It wasn't as messy as I thought. I will definitely be getting a Rubbermaid tote and starting sensory play soon!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm so proud of you mickyc!!! LOL I know how you don't really like messy things but I think once you see how much fun the kids have and how it's really not that big of a deal to clean up a mess once in awhile, you will LOVE it!!

Way to go!!

Euphoric !
    You could also have individual small bins and do the sensory stuff at the table where they are strapped into booster seats (for the younger kids especially) and it is contained. This is what I do. I have done objects frozen in ice and the kids love it I haven't done rice yet because mine are all so little and would eat it, but I may try snow as it just melts into water

Starting to feel at home...
    Another one they like here is when I saved empty foaming hand soap dispensers. Fill with a little bit of tear free baby soap and lots of water. They had a great time making foaming bubbles. Add to the fun by giving them a plastic baby doll and wash cloth.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveries For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    ha ha 5LM - the thing that I realized is I am still in control LOL. I control what I put in it and how much and then how much of a mess it will make.

As for strapping them in a booster seat. nope I don't own any. All kids sit at a child sized table with child sized chairs except for any that require a high chair. Those that require a high chair will not be participating in the sensory bin because the items inside will be a choking hazard (and they would make a mess lol). The kids know they can't leave the table until I say so and when they do it is straight to the sink so I can wash their hands.

Euphoric !
    LOL, yes a contained and controlled mess is do-able too! All depends on your kids and the activity!!

I've had my young kids participate too but I just make sure they are beside me and I watch them like a hawk!! We talk before we start the project and we talk a lot before and during that things do not go in our mouth or the activity will go away! For the most part, they are pretty good and the 2.5 year old helps me out too lol. If she sees a child going to put something in their mouth she says "not in your mouth or xxx will take this away" hahaha. I start things like this with them early though so they grow up knowing my rules and expectations.

Outgoing
    My son made me a sensory table a few months back. The instructions are here : http://jaxinthebox.com/2013/05/01/di...nutes-50-done/

I love this table and the bonus is that it can just be un-slotted and dismantled and all the tubes fit inside the bins which is great if you buy the bins which have a lid.

I don't tend to put food items in mine but do like Christmas time or St Patricks Day when the dollar store has tinsels or glittery items and lots of textures that can all tie in with our colour of the week.

To protect my floor, I have those mats which fit together like a jigsaw piece which are great.

Starting to feel at home...
    I posted on another thread about taping things down to the table or floor. such as sandpaper and felt and bubble wrap. its tough with little ones who just don't get how to be somewhat tidy. I'm not sure of your set up or numbers but i take my kids sometimes and strip them to diapers and let them pain in the bathtub. that way easy clean up.