Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Don't you hate when this happens?

I am full right now. Love all my kids and all my families

Recently this all happened
    Family one: lower income and ran out of money and gave me two months notice to leave mid march (leaves me with three days a week)

Would have worked out because family two told me a month ago that they want to go full time.

Family three has plans to go full time adding two days mid and at he end of march

Family four is full time but oms contract ended and they are going part time at the end of march. Mom is looking for a job but is unsure (of course) when that will happen

Family two: parents are now splitting up and moving and leaving my care.

Family four has until mid april to find a job before I have to fill the spot

Family five wants me to take their older child two days a week for the summer.

Family one found more money and extended care two more months

LOL WTF! do I have a spot? don't i?
    do I advertise? do I wait? HAHAHAHA April is going to be INSANE! and I'll probably have no money by the end of it due to ! But I cant fill a spot that I'm not sure I even have to FILL!!!!!!I could have two days a week . . . or full time . . but I have to leave space open for summer kid

Not to mention . . . I'm pregnant . . . so chances are that parents will be reluctant to sign . .

MAN!!!!!

Errrr, I have no idea lol I feel like I need to draw out a graphic organizer to get all that info straight in my head so I can only imagine what it must be like for you

I would advertise, I always advertise anyway, spots open or not because things can change just like that. Its best to have some families in mind if you do have availability come up. Sounds like your families are all experiencing some uncertain times so I wouldn't place any bets on them that's for sure. Look after you and your needs, because noone else will.

Outgoing
    Uggggh! How frustrating!
    I agree, start advertising now before you get too huge LOL. Its best to have other options.
    BTW, I have interviewed and and am holding 2 spots for full time babies starting in April and July and I am hugely pregnant. People don't seem bothered by that at all!

Euphoric !
    that is why I hate part-time! I have 1 family part-time and I refuse to take any more part-time. If anyone wants a spot they have to pay full-time regardless of when they are here.

I wouldn't allow people to go from full-time to part-time anymore.

Euphoric !
    That sounds confusing....I feel for ya! I have 2 full time children and 2 part time children right now. One is on a month trial right now and when that month is up, I will fill my last spot and will most likely have 2 ft, 3 pt. I said that I wasn't going to take pt anymore but I can't charge a parent ft when the option to come isn't there. I hate ratios!! haha.

I hope to eventually get to all ft or at least charge for all ft but right now I can't. It is kinda nice though as my weeks fly by because the kids are a different combination a few days a week. If I could do anything over it would be to start charging for ft spots regardless of days here. I wish I had never accepted pt schedules....oh well, live and learn!

Euphoric !
    Ugh...so confusing. I just stopped taking on part time for that very reason. So far so good....and I don't miss it a bit!
    Last edited by cfred; 03-04-2014 at 02:20 PM.

ok so if I am reading this right this is what is going on:

Family 1 - Leaving sometime in May. So spot open as of June 2
    Family 2 - Leaving so spot open on XX date
    Family 3 - wants full time by the end of March
    Family 4 - Might be leaving by xx date in April. Leaving a spot open
    Family 5 - one full time kid. possible pt kid for summer

-Start looking for a replace for family #1 to start as of June 2
    - Start looking to fill family #2's spot. for the week after they leave (or around that time)
    - Family #3 will go full time
    -Family #4 - start looking for a replacement to start as of May 5
    - family #5 - have one full time kid in care and wants to send they School aged kid 2 days over the summer. if you need to take on the pt kid to help full a spot (pay bills) until you find another full time kid do so.

looks like you will have at least 2 to 3 spots opening up very soon. So start looking

Expansive...
    lol I did the schedule up so I could see

I actually only have a Monday Wednesday spot OR a full time . . . . .lol

I love doing part time because no one else does it so parents flock to my door. but march and april will be craaaaaaaazy

I actually forgot to put some other variables in there . . .. think I got sick of typing . . . . reading my post back made me laugh. Im surprised me head hasn't popped off

Expansive...
    I love part timers too !! Changes things up !!! Last weekend had a part timer wanting very part time ( 9-1 pm) for $15 a day , twice a week . Lol when I said no , she got a little snitty and gave notice , so I was surprised but this 21 month old has started head banging and high maintenance picky eating , so I complained but was ok with it , then I get a call , please could she have her spot back ? I changed my 5 day week into 3 day week mainly because she left and most of my kids are mon-Wednesday , so I was a little ticked ,
    So I raised the rate ! $43 a day !! 2 days a week , I explained I was filling a 3 day position and she wanted it !!

That's great secondtimearound, so you are only open Mon-Thursday currently? Good for you standing your ground with this woman