Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Shy
    I *just* figured out how to set it up so I receive notifications for threads I post in. Lol... And actually it wasn't me, it was my hubby!

Yay!! Sorry I had to share my victory

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellybelly83 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellybelly83 View Post
    I *just* figured out how to set it up so I receive notifications for threads I post in. Lol... And actually it wasn't me, it was my hubby!

Yay!! Sorry I had to share my victory
    Great! Share away! That's what this forum is for. Which I'm addicted to btw

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Smile portion control

So anyone still on the workout wagon? Lol

I worked out 3 days so far this week. Btw love that website godsgirl! I took a rest yesterday and back to it today.

Portion control is what I have the hardest time with. I LOVE food! And I'm weak to temptation...especia lly when it comes to sweets

Hope everyone has a great day today...TGIF!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I totally get what your saying. i live in a small small community. If I want to go to the gym I would have to drive to it, so your looking at half hour to 45 min. And since almost every night one of the kids have some sort of activity its really hard.

now I could not sign my kids up to activities and use those nights to go to the gym, but how fair would it be for my kids then. And then its the cost, I really don't want to spend the money and gas to go.

so starting next week I think I'll join you at nap time and start some sort of excercise program. Its the only time I think I have time to myself lol! Also, it doesn't help that its been winter forever here otherwise I could go for a walk at night.

and purple bunny, I love food too. I think I eat pretty healthy most of the time, but its alot of it. I should acually follow canada's food guide (went to see a dietician last week with my guide group) and she gave out all sorts of stuff. I tried weight watchers, but I found it was expensive and somewhat really hard to follow. And I didn't have time to log and chart and count all day long.

I told dh that I would love to get a treadmill, I can walk on it when I want or run on it. We use to own an ellipticle machine but both of found it was way too hard on our body esp. on our knees.

sorry for going on and on, but I think as daycare providers its one of the hardest thing to do. We are around food all day, and with kids all day and our days never ever end.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

It's true. It is hard. The reason why I started this post. We are always taking care of little angels and our families we neglect ourselves. And although we can't be perfect and do everything, I personally need to get healthy again and find the time.

I eat healthy all the time but I love good food. I eat too much of it. I decided to serve my dinner on a smaller plate and not have seconds unless it's salad. It's hard but I feel a difference. What I find hardest is when I finally get to sit down at 8pm when my kids are all in bed then all I want to do is eat! Lol

I have been working out at nap time and although I'd rather do it another time it's really the only time. Nights wouldn't work I don't think. And I don't have the time or money to go to the gym either.

I'm glad some of you are on board. It feels great to know others understand and we can all get inspired from one another.

I use to have a treadmill but was way too hard on my knees so I traded it for an elliptical. It's still very much winter here too, can't wait for some walks in the fresh air!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Love this post, I try to work out while the kids are sleeping as well. Fitness blender is an awesome site, I alternate videos, do weights and use my elliptical and treadmill. I use the machines more on the weekend as mine are loud.
    I started a lifestyle change about 6 weeks ago and I have lost 12lbs. I basically eat clean for 3 days and then have a cheat day, then eat clean for two days then have another cheat day. This really seems to be working for me. Also drinking lots of water and drinking green tea. Last week I actually forgot Wednesday was my cheat day lol. I also use the My. Fitness pal app, it's awesome it tracks all my calories, carbs etc...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Teagansmom View Post
    Love this post, I try to work out while the kids are sleeping as well. Fitness blender is an awesome site, I alternate videos, do weights and use my elliptical and treadmill. I use the machines more on the weekend as mine are loud.
    I started a lifestyle change about 6 weeks ago and I have lost 12lbs. I basically eat clean for 3 days and then have a cheat day, then eat clean for two days then have another cheat day. This really seems to be working for me. Also drinking lots of water and drinking green tea. Last week I actually forgot Wednesday was my cheat day lol. I also use the My. Fitness pal app, it's awesome it tracks all my calories, carbs etc...
    Great job ! Congrats! Doesn't it feel amazing?!
    I've lost 5lbs and although I want a cheat day I can't do it yet as I will go overboard! Lol I can't have enough of my favorite foods.

Maybe once I hit my 20lbs loss I will treat myself. Lol

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Bunny View Post
    Great job ! Congrats! Doesn't it feel amazing?!
    I've lost 5lbs and although I want a cheat day I can't do it yet as I will go overboard! Lol I can't have enough of my favorite foods.

Maybe once I hit my 20lbs loss I will treat myself. Lol

The diet I'm on is actually Dolvett Quincy from The biggest Loser. It's called the 3-1-2-1 diet. He has a book, it's really helpful.

Congrats on your 5 lbs, it's amazing how much we feel better after working out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Teagansmom View Post
    The diet I'm on is actually Dolvett Quincy from The biggest Loser. It's called the 3-1-2-1 diet. He has a book, it's really helpful.

Congrats on your 5 lbs, it's amazing how much we feel better after working out.
    Thanks! It does feel good. Really? I'll have to check it out, I've never heard of it before. I'm glad it's working so well for you :d

Expansive...
    I teach pole dancing for fitness and find it is a great way for me to get out of my head and truly enjoy myself. I only have an opportunity to do it once a week for 90 minutes but I treasure that time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast