Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daycaremom9 View Post
    I have lost weight in the past by keeping a journal and writing down every last thing I eat and tallying it at the end of the day. You know exactly how many calories you are taking in and can't really be in denial.
    This doesn't work for me unfortunately. If I keep a journal I become obsessed. If I obsess over food, my problem becomes worse. I do not keep certain things in the house, cookies, chips, wine, chocolate, cheese. I bake everything for my daycare kids and put bananas in everything as as I HATE banana bread that even if I forget myself for a moment and mindlessly take a bite, I am repulsed by the taste and don't even swallow it...yuk!

My biggest issues are because I cook such good meals for my dc kids, and then for my own kids, and my husband is rarely home for dinner, that for me I end up getting take out, drive thru, eat to late, or dont eat at all. I really should practice what I preach when it comes to nutrition as I know an incredible amount about it and think it is very important.

I also hate exercise because it hurts. I can't stay on a treadmill for more than 20minutes as I am bored out of my skull. I can only manage that long because I have a tv in front of me. I can't run as I have horrific shin splints so I walk at about 3-31/2 mph on a steep incline. I have Jillian micheals body revolution which is 30 minute workouts of HIIT. This is great as long as I stick to it but initially it's not uncommon for my to end up fighting tears as it's just so painful. As soon as I don't do it for a day or two, I just procrastinate and make a million excuses up not to do it. It's more of a psychological issue I think.

Today I am clearing space in my basement to put the exercise mats back out to start again. I waste so much of my life obsessing over how I want to lose weight. I have about 80-100 to lose and no longer weigh myself as it is more important to focus on feeling healthy not the number or the reflection in the mirror. I feel so much better when I cut out alcohol, dairy and refined sugars. I have endometriosis so suffer with chronic pain when my inflammation is worsened which Is aggravated by those foods. The pain can be debilitating.

I am trying to take baby steps. I just completed a pledge to not drink alcohol for thirty days. I don't have a drinking problem lol but it was one thing that I could concentrate on which wouldn't put to much pressure on me. I tend to have a glass of wine, or a few when I've had a hard day, it's how i destress but I've stayed away from doing that now, even after my poopy carpet incident the other day. I noticed a huge difference and after enjoying wine with my friend last night I am feeling the negatives now and feel that maybe what's best is total elimination of alcohol as a result Or at least until my overall health has improved lots and maybe I will be able to tolerate it better. I love wine and really appreciate good wines so it sucks.

I read a great quote on Instagram yesterday...

"Symptoms are not Enemies to be Destroyed, but Sacred Messengers who encourage us to Take Better Care of Ourselves!"
    Last edited by bright sparks; 03-15-2014 at 12:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Hey bright sparks - I totally understand about obsession = giving up sometimes. We put an idea in our head with a # of lbs to lose, a specific date to lose it and an image of what we 'should' look like that when it doesn't happen we get discouraged and next thing we know we are sitting on the couch with a glass of wine, cheese cake and forget all about it until we feel bad again. Lol (that's me btw! Lol)

As long as you do it for you and what makes you feel good, that's all that matters. I have a goal in mind but I'm trying not to obsess about a specific date this time.

Just like quitting smoking you can try a million times but when you're ready you'll just do it!

I think that's a great start! Good for you! I've never heard of HITT but you're the second person to mention in, I'll have to check it out. I also love wine, not everyday but I enjoy my glass

If you ever want encouragement I definitely welcome anyone to join the post or send me a PM, I definitely need the encouragement myself so I love reading all these posts.

I use to eat a lot on the go too, more than I thought when both my husband and I worked outside the home. Maybe you could try to stop eating out and eating with your kids the yummy food you make! Not worry too much on the portion at first just switching to healthier food is also a great start.

It's hard to lose but the last time I did (after my second child), once I started seeing results that's when there was no stopping me. Now with 3 kids and the daycare I'm finding it a bit more difficult to focus as I'm so busy and exhausted by the end of the day. But it has to start somewhere! I encourage you to do what makes you feel great and love to see you succeed in losing the 80-100lbs you'd like to lose! Then we can start a post on our success story

Love the quote, Thanks for sharing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Bunny View Post
    I've only done pole dancing once and LOVED it! That is truly a total body workout. I wish I could do those moves my teacher showed us! Wow, it was impressive.
    It totally is. I am thinking of entering a competition, it would be rough because I would have to compete in the elite division and I am not sure I am ready to go up against some of the more incredible dancers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Omg I don't know how some of you ladies exercise during the day. I sweat like a pig and absolutely HAVE to shower after a workout!! I usually abandon my husband after baby is in bed and hit the gym from 8-9. Then I come home, shower, and crash!
    Every day is a bad hair day

Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    It totally is. I am thinking of entering a competition, it would be rough because I would have to compete in the elite division and I am not sure I am ready to go up against some of the more incredible dancers.
    Really? Omg that's amazing! You must be in great shape if you can do that! You totally should, I use to compete in dance with my husband back in the day. There's no better time than the present.

Quote Originally Posted by chill.winston View Post
    Omg I don't know how some of you ladies exercise during the day. I sweat like a pig and absolutely HAVE to shower after a workout!! I usually abandon my husband after baby is in bed and hit the gym from 8-9. Then I come home, shower, and crash!
    I know. I'm trying it out. My husband is home with me during the day so I can always shower. That’s awesome that you go.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    This doesn't work for me unfortunately. If I keep a journal I become obsessed. If I obsess over food, my problem becomes worse. I do not keep certain things in the house, cookies, chips, wine, chocolate, cheese. I bake everything for my daycare kids and put bananas in everything as as I HATE banana bread that even if I forget myself for a moment and mindlessly take a bite, I am repulsed by the taste and don't even swallow it...yuk!

My biggest issues are because I cook such good meals for my dc kids, and then for my own kids, and my husband is rarely home for dinner, that for me I end up getting take out, drive thru, eat to late, or dont eat at all. I really should practice what I preach when it comes to nutrition as I know an incredible amount about it and think it is very important.

I also hate exercise because it hurts. I can't stay on a treadmill for more than 20minutes as I am bored out of my skull. I can only manage that long because I have a tv in front of me. I can't run as I have horrific shin splints so I walk at about 3-31/2 mph on a steep incline. I have Jillian micheals body revolution which is 30 minute workouts of HIIT. This is great as long as I stick to it but initially it's not uncommon for my to end up fighting tears as it's just so painful. As soon as I don't do it for a day or two, I just procrastinate and make a million excuses up not to do it. It's more of a psychological issue I think.

Today I am clearing space in my basement to put the exercise mats back out to start again. I waste so much of my life obsessing over how I want to lose weight. I have about 80-100 to lose and no longer weigh myself as it is more important to focus on feeling healthy not the number or the reflection in the mirror. I feel so much better when I cut out alcohol, dairy and refined sugars. I have endometriosis so suffer with chronic pain when my inflammation is worsened which Is aggravated by those foods. The pain can be debilitating.

I am trying to take baby steps. I just completed a pledge to not drink alcohol for thirty days. I don't have a drinking problem lol but it was one thing that I could concentrate on which wouldn't put to much pressure on me. I tend to have a glass of wine, or a few when I've had a hard day, it's how i destress but I've stayed away from doing that now, even after my poopy carpet incident the other day. I noticed a huge difference and after enjoying wine with my friend last night I am feeling the negatives now and feel that maybe what's best is total elimination of alcohol as a result Or at least until my overall health has improved lots and maybe I will be able to tolerate it better. I love wine and really appreciate good wines so it sucks.

I read a great quote on Instagram yesterday...

"Symptoms are not Enemies to be Destroyed, but Sacred Messengers who encourage us to Take Better Care of Ourselves!"
    Me, I'm too cheap to go out for food and I'm at the point in my life where I worry about my health more than how much weight I've gained. But I have to say I do like a drink on the weekend. It's my down time and I feel like I deserve it but I do keep it in moderation. That's where the health thing comes in.

My hubby was diagnosed with celiac about a year ago and I had been pretty well wheat free until lately when I was having bathroom issues.lol. I found when I was wheat free, I tended to be able to keep my weight down somewhat. I now plan to mostly be wheat free with the exception of having the occasional wheat bread and/or wheat cereal to deal with the constipation issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Bright Sparks I am going to be one of your biggest cheerleaders. Today I tried on a couple of bathing suits and yeah they didn't look very good. I made my husband and I a stir fry with 8 different veggies and brown rice noodles and a stir fry sauce for dinner tonight. It was yummy and guilt free. My hubby had two helpings and yes, we like to eat out too.
    My point is I am not going to beat myself up about the 35 lbs I need to lose and am going to make small doable changes that will not over whelm me causing me to quit and go back to my couch.
    I am going to walk after dinner. Even if it is 20 minutes (my minimum) then it is still something. I understand Sports Illustrated will not be calling me for their swim suit edition and that is ok as I just want to be the healthiest I can be and make me and my family proud.
    So Brightsparks I wish you well and if you need any encouragement just let us forum ladies know.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I've finally reached the point where I have to give up the "all or nothing" mentality. It's ridiculous lol! Obviously is hasn't worked for me because I still have the same 30-40lbs to lose after several years. I have found that lately I am just focusing on making changes I can maintain. Now that it's nicer out I started walking to pick up my daughter after school, tomorrow I'm adding the walk to drop her off. Also, we were recently gifted a weight machine, so now we have. That, plus a recumbent bike I scored at good will, and an elliptical someone gave us when they moved and couldn't take it with them. Maybe I'll just have to park my tush on that bike tomorrow at nap time and catch up on the forum . And pedal the bike of course ha ha.

Keep up the good work ladies! Thanks for the motivation and the advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellybelly83 For This Useful Post:

I run on my threadmill for 35 minutes, 3 x a week, while the kids are napping. I have the baby monitor with me. I have been exercising while the kids nap for years. I keep myself fit, and its very important to me, unless I'm sick, I stick with my routine

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pink For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast