Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Ouch! That's inexcusable behaviour towards her kids and kind of ridiculous to be honest. The amount of time it takes to change a diaper is all of 2 minutes and what the heck is she doing throughout the day to neglect the child to the point that they are not being changed? Not sure its just because she is taking an hour out of her day to exercise. That simply wouldn't result in diaper wash...must be more to it I think.

Fad diets brainwash the best of us at some point with the "promise" of fast weight loss. Add to that a so called "professional" telling them its okay to do it, I can understand how she could have her head in the clouds. She will learn soon enough. If you are on any kind of "diet" you are doomed to fail eventually. Its not sustainable to eat a highly restricted meal plan. Balance in all areas of life is where success lies but we are surrounded by so many influences brainwashing us to think and believe otherwise. Not to mention the fact that it is easier said than done.
    yup your right. today in the morning we were talking about eggs and my kids love to eat eggs before school (with ham or veggies) well she's telling me that she makes them the night before and microwaves them and its because egg whites take longer to make in the morning and so does chopping veggies (I chop mine when I bring them home and store them in ziplock bags)

then she posts how she hates greek yogurt but can only eat plain so she is now dumping protien powder in it and freezing it so its like ice cream, blah gross. She can only eat certain fruit too. I know this will never last, yes I would love to be skinny too (after 4 kids ) but I like to eat a cookie or a have some chocolate too.

Starting to feel at home...
    So on the working out topic, I've gotten back on track! I walk at least 1/2 hour with the kids in the morning to start off our day (love it!) even today in the rain. I'm eating right and exercising at night after the kids go to bed. I spoke to my dad about getting in shape and found a goal to work towards. My dad is going to be 77 this year and is in better shape then me, hell he's in better shape then most 20 yo! Lol he's a cyclist and rides up to 200 km a day in some of his rides! Some last days too, it's amazing to see him.

I've always dreamed of doing a ride with him and when I told him he said I better hurry up and get in shape as he's not getting any younger. I've decided to try my best to get in shape to make that dream come true as I know he will have to retire his bike at some point sooner than later. It's now or never. He got himself a new bike and gave me his old one,i got myself a bike stand so I can work out indoor as well as out. I'm very excited. So far I'm back to eating healthy on low calories and exercising. Feels great!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Bunny View Post
    So on the working out topic, I've gotten back on track! I walk at least 1/2 hour with the kids in the morning to start off our day (love it!) even today in the rain. I'm eating right and exercising at night after the kids go to bed. I spoke to my dad about getting in shape and found a goal to work towards. My dad is going to be 77 this year and is in better shape then me, hell he's in better shape then most 20 yo! Lol he's a cyclist and rides up to 200 km a day in some of his rides! Some last days too, it's amazing to see him.

I've always dreamed of doing a ride with him and when I told him he said I better hurry up and get in shape as he's not getting any younger. I've decided to try my best to get in shape to make that dream come true as I know he will have to retire his bike at some point sooner than later. It's now or never. He got himself a new bike and gave me his old one,i got myself a bike stand so I can work out indoor as well as out. I'm very excited. So far I'm back to eating healthy on low calories and exercising. Feels great!
    It's so empowering to hear other peoples successes. Yes you had a rough patch but such is life. Good for you getting back on track.

Where did you get the bike stand from? Sounds like something my husband would love for when I am on the treadmill...we can do cardio together then

Shy
    http://www.amazon.ca/RAD-Cycle-Produ...+trainer+stand

My husband has one and loves it! It works best on "road tires " since other tires have studs and grooves etc and can be noisy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellybelly83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    It's so empowering to hear other peoples successes. Yes you had a rough patch but such is life. Good for you getting back on track.

Where did you get the bike stand from? Sounds like something my husband would love for when I am on the treadmill...we can do cardio together then
    Thank you! Yeah everyone gets those patches, trick is to not get discouraged and get back on the horse ! Lol

Good ones can be quite expensive (well for me), starts at about $300. The on the Amazon link is not one I'm familiar with but I've heard cheap ones are no good. I got mine from Kijiji. It's a magnetic one. I asked my dad since he knows all about them. Just do your research before buying one. I don't have the money to buy new so used it is! I paid $75 for one that is worth over $400 new.

I’ll let you know how I like it!

Shy
    I just picked one at random lol, but yes- for sure do your research and get the best you can afford That's what I like about amazon- usually there are lots of reviews to comb through to help make your decision before buying.

How is everyone doing?? I've been a little off with the diet (family gatherings etc) but have been working out pretty much every day I usually walk 5km (school run) and do my pilates also. I'm not losing weight yet again, but I think it's because I've indulged in too much salt, and when I start any type of muscle toning stuff it usually curbs my weight loss for a bit. I read something about water retention at the start of exercising... either way I need to just keep it up and watch my salt!!

I look forward to hear how the rest of you are doing

I did a crazy butt workout today... twenty-five minutes of hardcore butt pilates. That's what I did when the kids were napping. Tonight I'm either going to go for a brisk walk for half an hour or do half an hour of Zumba.

Shy
    Nice! Good job Better walk today while you can, tomorrow it might hurt to walk lol!

I've got a short walk planned, then my pilates and the exercise bike to finish off my cardio.

Nice, great job everyone! Well I had to stop this weekend. My family has been battling the flu now I have it so sick had to close dc. Today I'm feeling better but not 100%, hoping to get healthy soon and finally try out my new bike!

Shy
    I hope you are feeling better purple bunny!!