Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

2 strikes on a Monday Morning...1 more and you are OUT!

My most difficult DCM pulled 2 strikes against herself this morning. This is a series of Micro managing, controlling and manipulating behaviour she has shown in the short time she has been here (9mo).

This morning DCD drops off and from the top of my stairs I can see DCB with bright rosy cheeks. The last time he showed up like this he had a fever. I called DCM right back and she came and got him. Same thing this morning. Dcd leaves I take dcb's hand to lead him upstairs and immediately he wants up and to snuggle. He rarely does this. He is warm. I take his temp. 38.2C, take it again 37.9. Yup. Low grade fever. I call dcm right away, she did not seem surprised.

She came within 10 min. frustrated that she was on her way to work. she takes him from me and starts feeling his body for heat. Then she is like "oh, yeah he's a little warm." Sorry low grade fever, he needs to leave. I ask her had she not noticed at home. Her excuse which is the one she's used before "No, my husband got him ready" Yeah right. You didn't even give your child a hug and kiss goodbye to not notice he was warm? You didn't see how out of it he looked?? More like Drug and drop I suspect. I have 2 other dck's who got sick over the weekend and stayed home today. I'm pretty sure dcb was #3 and was dosed and dropped.

And on top of it, No payment in today's folder. I reminded her payment is due Monday morning. Her response...Ya but we have 1 day credit from last pay period (true), but ALL fees for the week are due Monday morning regardless. She just stood there and said "I'll bring it tomorrow if I bring dcb" WHAT?! Then you will also have X amount of late day's late fees.

This woman knows she has to bring payment every monday morning. She knows my contract inside and out as she often quotes it to suit her needs.

I think I'm done with this family.

They sound awesome (insert sarcasm here).

I will not tolerate payment issues. I can put up with a lot of stuff. I can nod and smile about a lot of things, close the door and carry on with MY way of things. But payment? Nope, that is a deal breaker for me. You don't pay you are terminated. Period.

Stand your ground. Sounds like you are nearing the end of your patience for these people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I can be accommodating most times, depending on the situation but payment is also my deal breaker. I'm not a volunteer!lol

Expansive...
    Very frustrating !!! Hate reminding people to pay !!! They don't forget their payday date , why do they think we do ??
    I am glad you phoned right away and called her out !