Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Question Daycare--Starting in May.

So for the last year I have been living in Alberta and I have now moved into Saskatchewan. I am hoping to start up again in may. As I am due with baby number two any day now

So when I start in may it will be my 2.5 yr old son and my newborn.

I have read a couple different sights but still have a cour questions.

How many kids can I watch ( I saw somewhere that it was 8) including my 2 so technically only 6 daycare kids.

Now about there ages, I'm not too crazy about watching a bunch of babies, I do prefer the older ones 24 Minths and up but in my area it is hard to come by those ages without the younger sibling.

Do you other providers mind the ratios of infants to provider or just go with what you are able to handle.

I also read that if you had someone helping you the number of kids being watched was able to change, but I'm not sure.

I'd just like to be well informed of everything before I start up, don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to , but am finding it so hard to find any viable information. That is understandable .

Outgoing
    I'm in Manitoba so I have no first hand knowledge. I checked out the website and to me it looks like you are going to have to go for older children. If I got it right; you can have 8 including your own, but only 2 of the can be under 30 months. Or three if the rest are school age. I don't know that I read it right though. I always heard manitoba was one of the worst places to be a private daycare because we can only have 4 kids without a license. But our age requirements change at 24 months. Maybe someone that's more familiar with Saskatchewan will be more helpful than I was.

Euphoric !
    We had thought about moving to SK. A friend of mine who lives in SK said she was pretty sure that it was only 5 kids with 2 under 2 but 8 if licenced. Sorry not 100% sure but that is what I was told.