Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I had made a new porkchop recipe for the dck's and the 2.5 dcg says "mmm this is yummy chicken" even though I kept telling her it was pork
    When I was young, apparently I decided I hated every meat except chicken. So my mom kept telling me that was what we were eating every time we had meat, and I thought every meat was chicken until I started going to friends houses for supper!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cuteboys View Post
    When I was young, apparently I decided I hated every meat except chicken. So my mom kept telling me that was what we were eating every time we had meat, and I thought every meat was chicken until I started going to friends houses for supper!
    ha ha, that is what I do with my daughter too! she isn't very fond of pork but we just call everything chicken and she will at least taste it lol

Euphoric !
    LOL my dad did the same to us when he would cook rabbit....it honestly does taste and look like chicken though so even as we got older we were never sure!!

Outgoing
    My daughter so far hasn't done anything that embarrassing, but the cutest thing she's said lately was when I saw her read without any help. I said "wow, did you just read that? " She got mad at me and exclaimed "No, I just used the letters to figure out what the word was! "
    I guess she was insulted that I thought she had learned to read.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

5lm, when you mentioned rabbit I burst out laughing. My father brought home a rabbit for dinner. Figuring us kids wouldn't eat the cute little bunny he told us all it was chicken. I remember chewing on a leg and remarking that it must have been a tall chicken because its legs were so long. Kids will believe most anything....for a while anyway

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    haha, so true mimi!! We used to question the size of the legs too and than my dad started to de-bone it for us so we wouldn't see it!!! Than one day when we were older he told us we were eating bugs bunny and that was it for me...I couldn't eat it anymore without gagging!! (I think I get my sick sense of humour from him lol)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    One of my dcb said to his mom at pick up , he was going to marry my dd (aged 5) , his mom thought it was so cute until my dd mumbled a response , dcm looked aghast and said ,"did she just say she hopes he dies ?" And I nervously asked my dd what she had said , and she gives us all a snarky look and says ,"I said I will only marry dark haired guys !!"
    We moms howled !!!
    Dcb was grinning ear to ear , and his mom says "he doesn't realize he got shot down "! He's blonde !!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Oh my, these are making me LOL, I'm telling my husband some of these stories....love it! feels good after the day I had! Is it Friday yet?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    When my daughter was in nursery school, one of the other children had a dad who was quite overweight. In the playground at pickup time, my daughter said (LOUDLY!), "Look Mummy, that man is having a baby!" I said quietly (turning bright red). "No honey, that man is not having a baby." My daughter replies, again in a very loud voice, "Then why is his uterus so big?"
    The poor man turned a much worse shade of red than I was.... My daughter is a Mom of two herself now, and so far, nothing her girls have done has come even close to this....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treeholm For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree purple bunny....I am loving these!! Sadly, it's not Friday though