Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advertising

Euphoric !

Advertising

What do you all do when you are full? Do you keep advertising? Is it worth it to have a wait list? Seems like it would just be a lot of work and they will have found care elsewhere when a space opens.

I am full now but keep getting emails from interested families. I tell them I am full but can keep them on a wait list to contact when a space opens. None have confirmed wanting to be on this list yet. Should I bother?

Should I keep advertising? I feel like I should advertise to get my name out there and in case a space opens. But it seems like I'll just keep telling people I am full.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I respond to all enquiries and tell them that I will let them know if anything changes but that I am full at the moment. If I do know of a possible space such as a child leaving to start school I mention it. I don't waste time interviewing them because that isn't fair to them or my family to spend an evening when I don't have a space.

I do keep a couple of my online listings such as godaycare and list a future space just to keep it open because it is easier than reuploading all the info so easier to keep it active.

Euphoric !
    I advertise on a local website, in the classifieds. For just over $10 the ad stays up for a year. I keep that ad updated with openings or to say that I'm full but I can add their name to the waiting list. Once a spot opens up, I email the people on the list. Usually they have all found care or their schedules don't match up with the spot I have open. If none of my current dcparents know anybody looking for care, I will put up another ad on the website so that it's near the top of the list again.

I add parents to the waiting list because I feel that it reassures them and it does sometimes work out. It usually doesn't but at least my name is out there and I have a starting point when a spot does open up.

Starting to feel at home...
    I only advertise via local classifieds etc when I know that a spot is opening but, like others I keep an ad up on this site always. I direct parents to my personal website from there. If I chose to continue advertising despite being full, I might include availability on my personal home page including upcoming spots. Or I might say "waiting list only at this time. Please feel free to contact me for more information!".

Starting to feel at home...
    I also keep some adds up and respond that I'm full but that in this line of work I never know when a spot can become available. I offer putting them on a waiting list and so far I have 3 that have agreed. Like 5LM I don't offer a visit until I have a spot to fill and like to know I have a starting point when the time will come. I haven't had to do it yet since I've only been opened less than 2mths. I also assume that they will have already found care.