Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bangs

Expansive...

Bangs

Anyone ever have a child who's hair was so long it drove you insane?!? I have one DCG who is two and has never had her hair cut and right now her hair is hanging in her eyes ALL. THE. TIME. I can't stand it. I've put clips and hair ties in her hair to keep it away from her face which helps but she always seems to pull them out at some point and then we lose track of them etc. Man do I ever wish her parents would just cut her hair already! Her hair is way past her shoulders now too and she really REALLY could use a haircut.

This family in general seems to really baby her and they seem to have a hard time with just letting her grow up.

If I had it my way I would be taking my scissors out and snipping that hair! ( I cut my kids hair all the time )

I have an almost 3 dcg that comes in looking like an angry mouse spent the night in her hair. Her hair is clean, but I don't think it is brushed after bath and then let to air dry. So everyday, I bring out the brush and elastics and clean up the mess. She looks so relieved and happy to not have that mess hanging in her eyes. Her parents never say anything about her hair being done. She honestly transforms from a waif to a gorgeous little girl.

Euphoric !
    I would just buy a pack of those small elastics at dollarama (400 in a pack, kind of like the ones used for braces). I have had this with a few kids. I tell the parents that the hhair is bothering the child and then tell them about these elastics and how great they are, where to get them etc. Then when she comes in the morning if they haven't done it, throw one in her hair. I have done this with a few kids now and the parents always start doing it at home.

Euphoric !
    I have two girls who have long bangs. One mom always has her hair pulled back but she has a side part and some short hairs so it can be in her eyes from time to time. The other girl is 2.5 and has the shortest hair I've seen on a girl that age. Her mom or I will put it up sometimes but dcg doesn't really like it up, and she really doesn't have much to put up anyways lol but her bangs are annoying. I think mom doesn't want to cut it because she's wanting it to grow haha.

I was 7 or 8 when I had my first hair cut. I could literally sit on my hair. It wasn't that my parents babied me, my grandparents were old school and believed that girls should have long hair.

Expansive...
    We've been doing elastics etc but she just does not keep them in. My daughter was the same so I just cut her hair and gave her bangs. I think if the child keeps it in fine, but for crying out loud her hair is directly in her eyes CUT IT!!!!

Euphoric !
    make the elastic tighter! it will hurt if she tries to pull it out.

we are in the process of growing out my daughters bangs and we are always using clips and I am constantly fixing it. I have a 2.5 year old with curly hair. she comes in the morning with it all done nicely and it is a mess by lunch.

I had a family once who would always be somewhat annoyed when their child's hair wasn't prefect when they picked her up. Ummmm....kids play, dress up, sleep etc and I am not a hairdresser! They always fixed her hair before they left my house lol. whatever!! LOL

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm with you! Just cut the stupid bangs!!!! I have a little dcg who is 15 months old right now and her hair is in her eyes, in her mouth when she eats and a few weeks ago had a cold and it was full of SNOT! Seriously I ask every week when she will get a trim, mention the hair in her eyes almost daily and nothing. I give up, I put it up but she is too young to keep the clips/elastics in and I worry about choking hazards lying around the house. Thanks for letting me vent

Expansive...
    I don't know if I am just more forward, but I would just tell the parents she needs her hair cut - could approach from the angle that it is a safety concern as she cannot see with the hair in her eyes.

Euphoric !
    There are a few things that I don't think we as dcp's get to have a say on and FOR ME, one of them is hair. I don't think I would appreciate a person telling me that my child needed to get a hair cut. Just my opinion

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    There are a few things that I don't think we as dcp's get to have a say on and FOR ME, one of them is hair. I don't think I would appreciate a person telling me that my child needed to get a hair cut. Just my opinion
    Totally agree!

Flinstone ponytail right on top of the head with a non-slip elastic and as tight as you can. Fixes the problem.