Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insurance

Outgoing

Insurance

Happy Friday everyone!

I just wanted to know if you let your potential families know that you have dc insurance? I'm trying to stand out and I'm guessing that some of the dcp in my area don't carry any insurance. Or could I be opening a can of worms by letting the parents know? I just want them to know I take my business seriously.

Thanks

Euphoric !
    I have daycare insurance but have never thought to tell the parents to be honest. I'd be curious to know what people thought the pros and cons to this would be so I will be watching this thread

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I'm actually thinking about making my business a corporation. A lot of people have been recommending this as it keeps any liability etc away from my personal life. I just purchased my first home and would like to protect myself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I have it in all my adds and when parents visit I show them my proof of insurance, CPR certificate and police clearance. Parents have always appreciated it. I think its important for them to know...peace of mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I always tell parents at interviews that I have insurance. I also explain why it's so important that they ask all providers whether or not they have it. Most new parents don't know to ask.

In all interviews, I have a spiel that anticipates what every parent wants to know and things that they should know but may not know to ask.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I share that I have insurance, first aid/CPR certification and a safety plan. I find that most parents don't know that these things are even necessary, but I share how important these things are. Hopefully they share this info with other families they know.