Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Spring is coming - maybe!

Hi ladies,

Spring is finally on its way. We have made it outside everyday this week and loving it.

It was +2 yesterday when we went out. +5 at the end of the day when parents were picking up. One mom mentioned that it will soon be time for spring jackets and rubber boots!! (I cringed and thought please....not yet - its still too cold!!)

My question to everyone is - at what temperature do you allow rubber boots and spring coats? We have a pile of snow that has to melt yet and I always run into issues with parents dressing their kids in not warm enough clothing and then the colds begin! Do you have a policy in place for spring?
    Last edited by mickyc; 03-14-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Euphoric !
    I would have the families leave the snow gear with you but send their child in spring gear. Odds are they are just accustomed to the spring gear early because they only go from car to house with their child and don't realize that a good chunk of time outside makes for cold children. They are likely also just wanting to stop the whole snowsuit process as soon as they can.

If they leave the winter stuff with you, then you can choose what is needed each time you go outside based on current weather and yard conditions.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree. This is what I will tell parents as well.

Euphoric !
    I don't have a policy but I will mention things like this in the monthly newsletter. A couple of the parents leave things here so I have choices and I find that works best. Spring and Fall are the worst for outdoor clothing because the temperature in the morning is often very different when we go out.

Euphoric !
    I was thinking of sending out an email soon reminding parents what things to dress their kids in for spring. It never fails if I don't mention something a parent will wait too long to try and find splash pants and then not be able to find any. I just don't want them to think I am ok with them sending them in it too soon, lol. There is always that one parent who does!

I hate this time of year. As nice as it is for the weather to warm up I hate the issue with the clothes, things being wet and muddy, kids full of grass, my back entrance being a disaster with grass and mud.