Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

What types of childcare is most needed?

Dear parents,
    I am doing a research on what types of childcare service is most needed in Coquitlam and Port Moody, BC.
    • Infant/Toddler?
    • AM/PM Preschool or Preschool with extended care?
    • Before/After School care for school age or kindergarten?
    If you are looking for childcare, what challenges have you come across?

Thanks for your response!

Hi, I have been looking for a licensed childcare service for my 3 year old. Preferably preschool with extended care.

Shy
    Infant care! Hands down. I feel so sorry when I speak to a parent that is looking for care for their one year old for the next month, and have to tell them our waiting list is over a year long. It is quite the shock for many new parents and they seem to be totally unprepared. I have recently went through the experience with my own sister, when she turned down care at my daycare because she had to start to pay two months early to hold the spot for her child. I didn't want to pressure her or intervene too much because she is my "big sister" and wanted to maintain a professional relationship because I am not the owner of the centre. Two weeks later when she calls me and says the daycare system is a "racket" because daycares are charging for time that they are not able to use I felt totally helpless, because the spot she refused was gone. Bottom line is, if there isn't a spot, there isn't a spot. We cannot create one for you unless we hire a new staff, and likely most childcare centres are licenced for maximum enrollment due to square footage. There is no way to guarantee a spot a year in advance, period. Unless the centre is willing to have open spaces without being paid for them, which is not common. I wish there was a way to get the word out there to new moms about the urgency of getting on wait lists as soon as they find out they are pregnant, seriously!

why don't you have a look at this platform Day Care in Chicago