Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    The 2 extremes are odd but I guess if I'm honest about myself, I am like that too!! LOL

I'm having a dumb moment...I don't understand the saying you and your husband say?? haha

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    The 2 extremes are odd but I guess if I'm honest about myself, I am like that too!! LOL

I'm having a dumb moment...I don't understand the saying you and your husband say?? haha
    We are English and Irish so blame that not yourself lol Nought means nothing and queer folk means strange people. We say this when we can't rationalize a persons behaviour/opinions/actions. It usually puts a close to our surmising over things we don't understand and cant do anything about

Euphoric !
    ahhh gotcha!

PS. I would LOVE to just listen to you and your husband speak. I am in love with accents LMAO and English and Irish are my top 2! (yes, I realize that probably makes me sound strange haha)

It sounds like they initially did the work needed to not get turfed from care. And now that has passed and he is still in care they are not in a state of urgency to please you and they are slipping into their old ways. Usually when parents make a 180 turn on their parenting style as a result of daycare problems it rarely works or lasts because, well, if the parent really believed in a different style they that is what they would have started with. They are just placating the provider to get you "off their case" and now they are slipping back into their AP ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    It sounds like they initially did the work needed to not get turfed from care. And now that has passed and he is still in care they are not in a state of urgency to please you and they are slipping into their old ways. Usually when parents make a 180 turn on their parenting style as a result of daycare problems it rarely works or lasts because, well, if the parent really believed in a different style they that is what they would have started with. They are just placating the provider to get you "off their case" and now they are slipping back into their AP ways.
    You may very well be right. I am in constant communications with them and if this does take a turn for the worse, I have no issues terming them.

I don't think she made a conscious decision to AP in the first place. I think she co-slept out of convenience and ease of breast feeding and getting a better night sleep, which she has made very clear was a big thing for her, and after I said at the interview about sleep training him, she likely did some research and came across AP and found a theory that reinforced that what she was doing was okay. Don't misunderstand me, I am respectful of people's choices to parent a certain way, so for those on here, and I know there are a few who chose to AP, this isn't a sweeping statement against AP, simply an opinion based in this one case and the individuals involved.