Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    The other thing I just thought of was that I could offer the mom the other full time spot on the basis that they send their current girl full time now to make up for some of the lost income that I would be missing out on if I did have the chance to fill it.

This current family has already moved from one day a week to 3 days/wk so that they can hold a FT spot for the 2.5 year old (she can't start those extra days until the middle of April because of the 3 under 3 rule - and that's when one of my 2yob turns 3 but that's besides the point).

I'm kind of worried that I might be pushing my luck though as who would want to send their child full time if they are at home anyways.

What would you guys say?

Euphoric !
    I know you like the family and want to make it work for them. I really think that you just need to let her know what you have available right now and if she wants it then great, if not then advertise for it. The thing is you could make all these exceptions for this family and then they might end up leaving for some reason.

Everything works out as it was meant to be. Don't make exceptions for families. Look after yourself and your family first and foremost.

Euphoric !
    After dealing with a few families that drove me crazy, I can see why you would want to make it work for a family that you really like. If you can find a compromise that works for both you and her than go for it. If you think they will screw you over just fill the spot now.

I totally understand that we need to look our for ourselves first but....what kind of world would we live in if we all just looked out for ourselves. I like to find a happy medium....looking after myself but also taking others into consideration. In the long run, it might be better to have this family than some other family who you won't like as much. It's a risk only you can decide if you want to take! Good luck with whatever decision you make

Euphoric !
    How many of your children are through the agency - could you reconsider that part in the sense that if you are having to fill your own spaces why be bound by their age rules.